Notifications
Clear all

Birth Control For Acne?

MemberMember
(@clearskinpls)

Posted : 01/22/2014 3:29 pm

My acne is quite varied... some times it's mild-moderate, sometimes moderate, sometimes severe... however i don't know if its just me who makes it severe by excessive squeezing and picking... but quite frankly i'm sick of it!! my scarring is getting too much, not just in one place anymore (used to just be my forehead), but now I'm getting a lot of spots on my cheeks and it's resulting in lots of scarring. also A LOT of old red marks where spots have been which just don't seem to be healing!

basically my skin is in a very, very bad state. its a mess

so im considering going on birth control to clear my acne, any opinions??? please fill me in! i go back to the deem in 2 days. thank you!

MemberMember
(@ayeaye)

Posted : 01/22/2014 10:18 pm

Moved to general acne discussion forum

MemberMember
(@mrska)

Posted : 01/23/2014 10:35 am

I'm in the same situation as you. My acne is mild but i make is worse by picking. i want to stop so bad but how? i have a lot of red marks left over from all the picking. the actual acne is almost gone. i get a pimple here and there but i make it worse buy squeezing it and then picking. takes about two to three weeks to heal. i was also thinking about getting on BC to help with my acne but i'm not sure if that would be a good solution? I'm afraid it will make my skin worse.

MemberMember
(@clearskinpls)

Posted : 01/23/2014 11:31 am

mrska, there are lots of different BC.. I have been one 1 before when I was 13 to control my heavy periods, but at that time I wasn't suffering from acne... it was soon after i went off it that i started getting acne. However they have some BC pills that HELP acne rather than develop it, so I'm sure going on would help... but i want to clear it permanently which is why accutane seems a good idea to me, but all the side effects of dryness and hair loss and initial breakout etc seems too much for me. really don't know whether to go on BC or accutane! got the dermatologist tomorrow to 'start' accutane but i really don't know whether to