Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BarBQLover

Back to the drawing board

Well, since Sycream didn't really help me all that much, I need to move on. Laser surgery or a serious chemical peel would be years away and I personally don't care for:

A) the cost

B) the downtime

C) possible complications

Therefore, I've decided to give Skin Biology a shot. If you ever check out their web site, they have a very in depth site chock full of all the info you could possibly want about scars, wrinkles, healthy skin, everything. I'm going to give copper peptides a shot in conjunction with a serum of salicylic acid. The idea is the acid will break down scar tissue, and then you apply the copper peptides, a naturally-made substance which helps produce collagen.

Like I said, the web site is really convincing and these people really seem to have their act together. Their products have been dermatologically proven and Skin Biology was created by a dermatologist, so there is that scientific backing often missing with other scar treatments.

Has anybody else tried copper peptides? Healthboards(err....I hate that site) has a good number of people who recommend Skin Biology.

So you are stopping Sycream completely? cause actually its staring to work for me... well I notice when I take off the sheet in the morning... do the regimen and when I am leaving the house I put the cream on the scarred spot and rub it in a bit, at work (I work outside) I look at the scars on the exact angle they are most noticable on a window and I dont see them at all when the cream is on. I have these indented ones though not that big but when I am wearing the cream it is hard to see the scars at all unless you really examine my face. The large scar on my left cheek is gone almost 100 % but I think it was gonna heal with sycream or without. Its been about 3 months using it, well more like 2 and I think im gonna get another tube. What I do now is I got a larger sheet about 5 cm by 2 cm. coat the scarred area with the cream and then slap on the sheet over a large area. One more tube and a couple months and I'll be able to make a fair assesment on the product. BBQ whatever you decide to try next let us know how it goes, if the Sycream is no good after I try it for a while longer I'll be prolly be looking into trying something you are (If you have some success)

BTW ... i'll do an update on my SYprex thread with cream and without cream on my right cheek. Its been July since I have been using it and maybe you guys can spot some inprovements if any.

well I notice when I take off the sheet in the morning

That's just the problem, Sierra. Oh sure, after you take off the silicone sheets, your skin looks great (though I could still make out my worst scars), but it's more of a visual effect rather than true progress. Your skin looks much better when the cream is on, but wash off your face in the morning, let your skin stretch for a few hours, and you'll be a bit disappointed. The positive spin on all of this is that I e-mailed Mark about my lack of success and he promised to refund my money. He said I was only the second person to never see any results, but Sycream was originally not marketed for acne scars. However, since many people unexpectedly experienced results with their scars, Syprex later marketed the cream for these, too.

Well, Sierra, it's good to see you're at least sticking with your regimen. I've been on the cream for 5 months now and I figure if I don't see success now, then when will I? Skin Biology really has me intrigued because I'm coming to the realization that to attack scars, you have to pretty much break down the scar tissue with an acid, then put on something which will build up the collagen(copper peptides). Skin Biology really seems to follow scientific progress since the e-mail that I received from them also stated that copper peptides are now considered by the dermatology field to be considered superior to Retin-A in building collagen and Retin-a helps promote the chemical that produces scars. Worth a shot, right?

Definitely, I'll post my progress with copper peptides and sacyilic acid.

I tried a test set of copper peptide from skin biology, and I got screwed up. The spots I applied the blue cream became so red, itchy and swollen immediately that it actually gave me serious breakouts in the area. The result - when the breakouts healed, the scars(indents) were deeper and bigger. I will never use it again. Plus, they don't seem to have the money-back gurantee, unlike sycream.

Windy,

I'm trying the Exfol serum and CP serum which they say is better for acne prone skin....still I always get concerned when I see a post like this. What is this blue cream? Is the actual CP cream, which they say works better than the serum, but can possibly aggravate acne. Please give me any further details and I'll greatly appreaciate it.

I have heard some good things about the copper peptides on healthboards, but the few times I have heard about it here have been mostly negative. I guess it all depends on your skin......I don't really want to get into badmouthing, but I appreciate that Skin Biology's web site looks pretty professional and is chock full of info, whereas Syprex's web site is amateurish and the improvements promised never occurred. I noticed the lack of a money-back guarantee and testimonials with Skin Biology, but like I said, I trust the word of mouth from others on boards like these, and I've seen enough good things about copper peptides to warrant at least a try.

BarBQlover, the test set I purchased included one CP serum, one TriReduction P&R basic (the blue cream I was talking about), one Exfol cream and one Exfol Serum. As I said, I was so eager to see the results and since my face had been pimple-free for quite some time, that I started from applying the P&R basic, which holds a higher chance to trigger breakouts but is also said to work better on scars than CP serum. The website instructs using Exfol (serum or cream) and CP (serum or cream) alternately, but Exfol serum was too irritant to my skin - which was never the sensitive type - I decided to apply the cream only. Then you know what happened, big, red bumps all over my face on the second day. I was terrified when looking into the mirror. So I thought I must have made a bad choice and CP serum should be the one more appropriate for me. I patiently waited for a week until the red swellness faded (certainly the pits were still there showing not a bit sign of flattening out) and began applying the CP serum. I had to admit that this one was less irritating than the cream, so in the first few days, I didn't observe anything wrong. But soon later I got the red bumps again. The same itchy, and liquid oozed out from the bumps. Since I was kind of experienced with these things already, I waited another week for them to heal. But this time I was not so lucky. One small pit on my forehead became significantly bigger and deeper than it was before. Three other dents on my left cheek were also noticeably larger. It's not until that moment I totally gave up this copper peptide thing. Now I still have a lot (95%) unused cream and serum and don't know what to do with them as the seller don't promise a money-back. Now I am using Sycream to see if it can do anything to minimize the damage, at least I am confident it's not adding any more.

I used to think this copper peptide was completely an internet scam. But if you've read other people having success with this product, then it might still work for certain people, unfortunately I am not one of them, and I do hope you are.

Wow, that's really something windy. I have to admit, I'm pretty scared to try this stuff now, but I think I'll put it on a small portion of my skin. Like I said, I have seen several people on healthboards.com say they really loved the CP serum, and that's why I became interested in it in the first place.

The only thing I can figure is that you bought the stuff that contains retinoic acid, salicylic acid, and copper peptides and were using them at once, which could be quite a shock to your skin. At least the ingredients involved are ingredients commonly used in anything dealing with acne and scars. And the web site seems so informative and the customer service has returned my e-mails within the same day......

Still I'm going to look into this a little bit more. Thanks for your story. I feel really bad for you.

Hey BarBQ,

Sorry to hear the sycream did nothing for you - I'm gonna check out that Skin Biology site myself later -

If, down the road you think Laser is the only way to go - then go for it man, - two sessions and I'm really happy with the results - DEFINITLY getting it done again next summer (and the summer after - two session deal) thats 2003 and 2004 - a long way away - but its the only thing that keeps me sane LOL!!! I actually might chance getting it done at Xmas - I took a week to heal last time - so maybe....

Anyway, keep pluggin' away, and I look forward to hearing your results with this new 'concoction' LOL!

Hey BarbQ,

I had a look at that site - very impressive, and you know your reading the testimonials, and your thinking "Yes, yes, this is the product for me" - its a familiar feeling isn't it - lets hope this time it actually works out that way.

Anyway - I got 'bamboozled' looking at what they have to offer, and all the talk about test kits - so I think I'll go the road your taking - but after reading windyy's story I'll be ultra careful - test it out on a scar.

I'm gonna email them and see what they recommend, and see if they come up with what BarbQ's getting. - lets see how the customer relations are.

Ah, Gus, always good to hear from you my good friend!

"Bamboozled" may not be the right word....actually, it may be the perfect word, but it's not strong enough...maybe "ultra-bamboozled"...Skin Biology's web site can pretty much answer any question you have about acne, scars, and your skin in general, but I'm warning you now....by the time you finish reading it all, a whole week probably has passed by! I also checked out the Delphi forum link they have to discussion boards, and I see quite a few accolades for Skin Biology products. I have never seen a site so informative and detailed, so this gives me some great hope in these products.

Gus, the customer service is pretty good. They won't give the detailed e-mails like Mark at Syprex used to give, but they answer your questions usually within a day. I'm sure they'll recommend the Exfol and CP stuff, most likely the cream which they say is a bit more effective than the serums I am getting, but the creams can create more acne(just what I'm looking forward to). On a Syprex note, Mark gave me a full refund for the cream and even the sheets, which I told him he didn't have to bother refunding the latter. Class act guy all the way. I feel bad I had to ask for a refund, but in tough financial times like now, I can't afford to buy things that don't work for me. Plus, I figure Gus and I's Syprex comments some months ago probably induced quite at least a dozen others to try Sycream, so all is not lost. Hopefully, others have found success.....

All in all, in my personal life(whoa! don't go there!), things could be changing quite a bit. The job market is so poor, I'm considering moving back to St. Louis, where I went to college, to find a job.....I can't believe I'm saying this, but my financial, as well as mental, welfare is being seriously compromised by sitting around all the time. And damn it, every time I'm ready to just go out and find a job, my acne keeps coming back....it's not bad, but I'm always prone to this big, juicy guys that look so wonderful when you're all spiffed up, wearing a suit, freshly shaven, and people are looking at your forehead...."mosquito bite" is an excuse that gets a little weak when the temperature is about 40 degrees!!! Ah, well, I believe I shall never be content with myself!!!

Hey B-man.

I emailed them and they said that that combo would work (I told em I was thinking of using what your getting), that it was slow but did work.

Hey all the best luck in the world in getting a job man, - if those suits only knew how intelligent this guy is! - I hope you're not letting your face take over your interviews, I know, I know I sound like a 'normal' person with 'normal' skin LOL!!! but really, try and not let it take over your life - just for that one half-hour in the interview room - you can make up for it later by spending an extra half-hour reading Skin Bilogy's site LOL! - but seriously I hope you get my drift.

Hope it works out for you, pal.

BBQlover and Gus, please keep us posted about your results with the Exfol and CP serum. If they are encouraging, I might give a second shot of the Skinbiology, certainly in a less aggressive manner.

Well, since Sycream didn't really help me all that much, I need to move on. Laser surgery or a serious chemical peel would be years away and I personally don't care for:

A) the cost

B) the downtime

C) possible complications

Therefore, I've decided to give Skin Biology a shot. If you ever check out their web site, they have a very in depth site chock full of all the info you could possibly want about scars, wrinkles, healthy skin, everything. I'm going to give copper peptides a shot in conjunction with a serum of salicylic acid. The idea is the acid will break down scar tissue, and then you apply the copper peptides, a naturally-made substance which helps produce collagen.

Like I said, the web site is really convincing and these people really seem to have their act together. Their products have been dermatologically proven and Skin Biology was created by a dermatologist, so there is that scientific backing often missing with other scar treatments.

Has anybody else tried copper peptides? Healthboards(err....I hate that site) has a good number of people who recommend Skin Biology.

they really are amazing products but the emphasize that slower is better. Patience and having a consistent routine is what will make you see drastic results. If i hadn't gotten new breakouts all of my scars would have been gone over a year and a half around... however my scars werent in the cheeks or temples which are harder areas to target. Preventing breakouts, and using copper plus forms of exfol will show so much improvement.. i really dont know what i would have done without it. i started on the weakest form (cp serum ) and now i am using supercop 2x it does not irritate my skin at all. I also apply emu oil on top of the copper to help it push into deeper layers of the skin. The emu oil i AMAZING and really keeps my pores super clean. check out the forum on the skin biology site. people give out really good advice and ask really good questions that are answered by the staff.

good luck