Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ospray

I'll give it a shot

To anyone who wants to read this: it is really for my own benefit but if you want to read go ahead. Feel free to comment or make suggestions.

I started the regimen a few days ago and decided to keep a log so I can really see the progress (assuming there is progress).

I'm female, fair skin, mild acne (mostly only appears during the 'special' time of the month) but annoying and embarrassing nonetheless. My skin can be a little sensitive at times and it is often closer to the dry side.

I am hoping the regimen will clear up those remaining breakouts.

So since I am a little behind here is what has happened so far.

The products:

-cleanser- SpectroJel

-bp product- 2.5% PanOxyl Aquagel (before you say anything this was THE ONLY 2.5% bp product I could find here short of ordering online and paying huge shipping charges. I think the place I got it at will stop carrying the 2.5% soon as well so I may have to switch to 5%)

-moisturizer- Biore Beyond Smooth for normal to dry skin

The regimen:

-morning- wash with SpectroJel, apply moisturizer

-evening- wash with SpectroJel, apply bp (small amount), apply moisturizer

The progress:

Day 1 - The first time I applied the bp I experienced a LOT of reddening and irritation. My problem area at the moment is my chin area with a couple spots on my forehead.

Day 2- My skin is red and flushed from using the bp, I couldn't see much difference but maybe because I am focusing on the redness. There are a lot of flaky patches on my chin where I applied.

Day 3 - No more red! The bp doesn't irritate at all when I apply now (phew). Everything seems to have come to a halt breakout-wise - nothing new. Lots of flakies...I wonder if there should be some exfoliating done? I'm afraid to irritate it though.

Day 4- Okay, some new white-headish sort of things but I am not worried because they might have been lingering before and the gel just brought them out. Forehead is looking the best, chin area feels sensitive and the spots are a little red. I tried applying the moisturizer before the bp and again after but I am still getting flakies. I will wait longer and see if my skin adjusts but if not maybe I should try a new moisturizer.

Side notes - I'm liking the spectrojel, it feels good on my skin unlike the other washes I had been using before. The overall texture of my skin is looking nicer and smoother smile.gif

I'm giving the regimen at least a full month to see if it controls the changes over the month *crosses fingers*

Day 5 - well nothing active but *sigh* red dried up/flaky spots (which makes it hard to apply makeup). Do they go away on their own or should I be doing something?

Day 6 - There has been definite improvements but it is hard to tell if that is because of the regimen or if it is taking its natural course. Red dry spots seem to be the only thing there - nothing new, nothing active...but I am still skeptical as, like I said, it could just be taking its natural course.

I'll stay on the regimen and see how well it prevents future breakouts : )

So far I am still sticking to 1 bp application a day which looks to be controlling everything just fine.

The moisturizer didn't seem to be doing the trick so I switched to another I had laying around. It is actually the moisturizer from the 'pure zone' series and it is a really great moisturizer but it also has some SA in it so I don't know how this will affect the regimen.

After tomorrow I'll keep just weekly updates I think.

You sound alot like me! I've been keeping a journal of my progress on the regimen, too. I think it's actually working! smile.gif It's been almost a week and a half (tomorrow) and I can already see a large improvememt. I hope it works well for you, too!

That's great Lee biggrin.gif I hope you see lots more improvement and everything goes well.

So far I'm seeing improvement too and no real nasty side effects. My chin is still sort of flaky but surprisingly it is getting much better. I'm sticking with the SA moisturizer (I don't think there is much SA in it anyway) because it just works so well and feels good on my skin.

So I'll keep this up and stop by for weekly updates : ) I've got my hopes up now about the regimen and I have a feeling it may just be the thing I needed.

a week later...there was a minor spot on my cheek and just above my lip but they hardly got big enough to notice and were gone within 2 days.

I am noticing that the red spots linger a lot longer than they normally would have but that is okay because there are no new ones being created.

Still going well overall, I will keep going with it.

aaarrghh I can't believe this. My face has been sensitive the past couple days and it looks blotchy and there are a few spots and red sores. Also my back and chest (ick) have broken out FOR NO REASON...that hasn't happened in years. For certain reasons I don't have a lot of time left and I need to get clear so if this is not working I want to try something else as soon as possible. Any adivce? Stick with it or not?

aaarrghh I can't believe this.  My face has been sensitive the past couple days and it looks blotchy and there are a few spots and red sores.  Also my back and chest (ick) have broken out FOR NO REASON...that hasn't happened in years.  For certain reasons I don't have a lot of time left and I need to get clear so if this is not working I want to try something else as soon as possible.  Any adivce?  Stick with it or not?

okay *phew*. Everything has clamed back down. I used some 5% bp on my chest and back which just worked wonders and I've also changed a bit of the face regimen. I uped the bp I am applying at night (still only doing night applications, no mornings too yet) so my face has been red as a tomato and pretty sore and tingly for a while afterwards....I really hope that goes away soon. I've also decided to try doing morning and night applications the week before my period...which is when I get the most breakouts (does anyone else up the applications at this time?). I've stopped using the cream containing the salicylic acid to see if that is the cause of some of the flakyness.

Oh, and now I am appling to nearly all my face as opposed to just the major problem areas because I found that when I was just applying to specific areas some spots woul pop up elsewhere....sneaky bastards. I'll get rid of them yet.

okay, an update.

Everything is going well. All that is bothering me now is some raw skin and red or dry spots from old pimples. There hasn't been anything new since my last post.

I do have one HUGE complaint though...flakies. My skin is dry and flaky/peely and it won't go away.

I bought a new moisturizer called 'neutogena healthy skin' which keeps the flakes under control while it is on but after washing my face I see just how much flakiness is there. It's like it just glues them down to my face while it is on...not a permanent solution.

The other problem with it...it BURNS when I rub it over any raw skin or open sores. I was in tears because I hit a raw spot around my eye area. I think it may be the AHA in the moisturizer?