Notifications
Clear all

Cure Mild Cystic Acne?! Suggestions?

MemberMember
(@smichelle)

Posted : 01/21/2014 8:19 am

Hey guys,

I need some serious advice here. I feel really really silly going to a derm or the doctor for my acne..considering the average person would look at it and say my face is fine. I don't have severe cystic acne, in fact most of my face is clear, but I do have clogged pores on my forehead and chin and some on my cheeks- I can deal with that.

What is really making me crazy is the cysts I'm getting. Their SO painful its ridiculous. Mostly on my chin and my forehead- I'm not sure if their hormonal related or not but I am on Ortho Cyclen- 2nd month in so if it is that, hopefully it just gets better.

For the mean time I need something to help with these cysts!! I tried The Regimen for a while- but benzoyl peroxide works best for inflamed pimples and papules and truly I never had those, so I didn't notice much of a difference. I'm using a mix of BHA/AHA right now..but still getting some. I also have a tube of Clindasol Cream at home and was wondering if this might help? Has anyone controlled MILD cystic acne with topical products and which has worked best?! I'm looking for suggestions please guys!!!

MemberMember
(@underneath32)

Posted : 01/21/2014 8:37 am

Firstly, I highly recommend going to get second opinion from a GP or practitioner about your particular situation. Secondly, less can be more in these situations; please don't use every generic/topical product under the sun to frantically find a cure, a lot of people would agree with me that this can just irritate your skin even more. Products take time to work; so you need to be patient when trying different products, just keep this in mind. None the less, all the best with finding the right treatment. :)

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 01/21/2014 8:54 am

Cystic acne seems to often be caused by a food sensitivity. You could try cleaning up your diet. I recommend paleo.