Notifications
Clear all

Extremely Large Pores Or Acne Scars? (Pics Included)

MemberMember
(@j0sephine)

Posted : 01/21/2014 12:10 am

would someone please tell me if these are extremely large pores or acne scars?

crossing my fingers right now because i hope they aren't acne scars...

how do i get rid of this? certainly, it isn't too noticeable to other people, but it IS noticeable under very bright lighting.

is there any cure? if they are acne scars, what scars are they... i have mild acne all over my face and body.

post-191792-0-58803400-1390280908.jpg

post-191792-0-03233500-1390280987.jpg

post-191792-0-58803400-1390280908.jpg

post-191792-0-03233500-1390280987.jpg

MemberMember
(@luckydory)

Posted : 01/21/2014 12:16 am

Ok a couple of things here:

I see a majority of enlarged pores, that being said I also see some minimal scarring going on. The good news is that your scars are not very expansive or deep so there are treatments that you can look into that might yield some scar reduction, TCA cross in particular. Did, you have acne? and how did you manage to get rid of it if so?

MemberMember
(@j0sephine)

Posted : 01/21/2014 1:28 am

Ok a couple of things here:

I see a majority of enlarged pores, that being said I also see some minimal scarring going on. The good news is that your scars are not very expansive or deep so there are treatments that you can look into that might yield some scar reduction, TCA cross in particular. Did, you have acne? and how did you manage to get rid of it if so?

Thanks for your reply. I'm glad it's minimal scarring.. but i'm also googling about the TCA cross and it looks quite scary and risky to me. Do you think my scars will go away if I leave them and don't interfere with them? Yes, I've been struggling with acne for a little over 2 years now. My cycle has finally 'calmed' down and I'm breaking out less now.. I guess it's a matter of time. I don't know if this helps but i'm drinking lemon water every 2 days now.. it has made my skin less red. yes the above pics is my skin "not red". With acne, i've struggled with red and sensitive skin....it never goes away! also, i've stopped skin picking which made a vast difference in my skin.

MemberMember
(@luckydory)

Posted : 01/21/2014 1:47 am

Oh yes picking is very bad for the acne sufferer, a lot of members around here actually say that a majority of scars are caused by picking although they can form regardless. Id like to say yes but no indented scarring is going to go away on its own, usually some type of acne scarring treatment will be needed and TCA cross while it looks pretty scary, you will see better results with this method if done from the hands of a professional. There are alot of different scar treatments these days and I usually say that it takes a combination approach of several types to reach the best results. Im still dealing with scarring, redness, and ance with some seborherric dermatitis on top so its all a work in progress, just browse this site and take a look around, there is plenty of information in regards to scarring and the types of available treatments. Also, if the lemon water seems to be keeping the redness down then yes I would keep drinking the water, its good for a lot of other things besides acnerelated problems.

MemberMember
(@j0sephine)

Posted : 01/21/2014 2:35 am

Oh yes picking is very bad for the acne sufferer, a lot of members around here actually say that a majority of scars are caused by picking although they can form regardless. Id like to say yes but no indented scarring is going to go away on its own, usually some type of acne scarring treatment will be needed and TCA cross while it looks pretty scary, you will see better results with this method if done from the hands of a professional. There are alot of different scar treatments these days and I usually say that it takes a combination approach of several types to reach the best results. Im still dealing with scarring, redness, and ance with some seborherric dermatitis on top so its all a work in progress, just browse this site and take a look around, there is plenty of information in regards to scarring and the types of available treatments. Also, if the lemon water seems to be keeping the redness down then yes I would keep drinking the water, its good for a lot of other things besides acnerelated problems.

I'll consider the TCA cross! otherwise, i'll keep looking for treatments. Thanks so much, glad I got so much information.