Notifications
Clear all

5 1/2 Mos. Post Accutane Eczema/inflammation

MemberMember
(@maid1147)

Posted : 01/20/2014 8:24 pm

Hello -

I am at 5 1/2 Mos. off isotretinoin (Absorica: 80mg/5 Months) and still detoxing side effects. Most concerning is the facial eczema (flaring/redness, white pustules) that continue. It's the uncertainty of not knowing when/if this will subside that's driving my distress. Please help me understand when the eczema/flaring and associated side effects will cease.

As a result of this medication I've experienced adverse reactions to Lemons (acidity-bruising), Potato (starch-inflammation), Vitamin D3 (photosensitivity-burns), Omega3/Evening Primrose (breakouts). Individuals need to be more thoroughly cautioned before taking this med - Particularly given how much is still unknown around its mechanism for action. Looking back at myself for example, my IGF-1 and Insulin were high from excessive dairy consumption (8-10 glasses of milk per day).

Appreciate the help,

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 01/20/2014 10:55 pm

well not sure what to tell you, you took a full USA dose which is very high right?

and your acne is gone, so that is the good news....there are massive side effects, I'm pretty sure you knew that too right?

so now you have them, and with any luck they will be gone before the year is up- but this drug is russian roulette....I took it for 7 months, never cleared, just flared and got worse, and I had some pretty bad side effects but they subsided within 3 months after stopping

but there is no rhyme or reason, every one reacts differently- most clear for a period of time, but some trade acne for other problems

talk to your doctor, although they mostly seem in denial, but read up what you can about strengthening your immune system, and treat the symptoms....try to reduce stress, best you can- chances are good things will improve slowly

oli girl liked
MemberMember
(@intensecow)

Posted : 01/21/2014 12:33 pm

Looking back at myself for example, my IGF-1 and Insulin were high from excessive dairy consumption (8-10 glasses of milk per day).

What does this have to do with Accutane?

MemberMember
(@oli-girl)

Posted : 01/21/2014 10:51 pm

I don't have the time to explain the whole IGF and insulin relating to Accutane in a scientific sense, but if you read your rx information it can cause alterations in sugar levels and studies have come out that it can cause diabetes / pancreatitis etc. many diabetics suffer from Accutane, so it is really Russian Roulette taking Accutane that you can trade one problem for another and possibly still have acne or worse then what you started with.

Maybe the OP was referring to drinking that much milk was the cause of the acne in the first place.

To the OP you might want to go back to the dr. and make sure it's eczema and not Accutane induced rosacea or seb derm