Notifications
Clear all

Will Blackheads Permanently Enlarge Pores?

MemberMember
(@eheheh)

Posted : 01/20/2014 2:21 am

I've been breaking out in blackheads on my nose and cheeks all of a sudden and normally I wouldn't bother with the tiny things but I've heard that they can scar too? I definitely do not want dozens of little holes left in my face. :( I'm saving up to get them extracted with an esthetician but in the meantime what should I do to keep them from getting bigger? How long can I keep the blackheads on my face without the pore becoming permanently enlarged?

MemberMember
(@whattobehandsome30)

Posted : 01/20/2014 2:32 am

I would not recommend extracting them to be honest ... it would cause scarring in my opinion ... your best bet is to use an exfoliant ... best of luck x

Ballen liked
MemberMember
(@bonsai77)

Posted : 01/20/2014 5:30 am

I always have blackheads on my nose. Sometimes i extract them and they leave a hole that turns into another blackhead within a few weeks.

However, since starting my glycolic acid facewash (its a chemical exfoliant) i have noticed that the blackheads go away without leaving holes. They dont fill back up either.

I agree with teh above, forcing them out before they are ready doesnt help me. Exfolaiting works though, ive never tried a scrub though just a chemical exfoliant.

I havent tried steaming either, but glycolic acid facewash works.

I hope they go for you, blackheads are bad enough without them leaving a scar.

MemberMember
(@acnewonderland)

Posted : 01/20/2014 8:18 am

i think yea they do, i have alot of them on the nose and area near to nose, they are gross so i extract them, it looks better that way but yes it does seem like it have scarred those pores. if someone decides to comment my plan is to say they are freckles #sadlife

:T

I always have blackheads on my nose. Sometimes i extract them and they leave a hole that turns into another blackhead within a few weeks.

However, since starting my glycolic acid facewash (its a chemical exfoliant) i have noticed that the blackheads go away without leaving holes. They dont fill back up either.

I agree with teh above, forcing them out before they are ready doesnt help me. Exfolaiting works though, ive never tried a scrub though just a chemical exfoliant.

I havent tried steaming either, but glycolic acid facewash works.

I hope they go for you, blackheads are bad enough without them leaving a scar.

can you name specific product you use please? this sounds interesting

MemberMember
(@bonsai77)

Posted : 01/20/2014 10:29 am

It was from SK:N, Exfolaiting facewash for normal skin. I also use the skin hydrator as part of their anti-blemish range in case that helps.

MemberMember
(@eheheh)

Posted : 01/21/2014 11:56 pm

Thanks for sharing your advice! Is salycilic acid considered an exfoliant because I have started using it on my nose.

Have any of you guys had them professionally extracted? Does it leave holes regardless of how carefully the extractions are done?
Also, how long do you guys leave your blackheads alone? I think I've had these blackheads for months now; is that bad?

MemberMember
(@vermilion)

Posted : 02/02/2014 1:42 am

what whattobehandsome30 said. i personally use a mitten and it helps keep the blackeheads away and under control.