Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zerglings200

Qestion to Dan and others

I am a student and i started using the bp gels about few weeks ago.

I hv a big expectation on bp even now.

I apply bp gel on moring, then i go to school at 7. After school at 2:00 pm and i ride my bike to go back my home. i am kinda sweating when i reach my home.

Should I clean my face with cleaner ??

or i just wait until at night??

what should i do??

And i agree bp gel help less break out or pimples on my face. Sometimes it still has some pimple(red)....but after bp gel apply on it, few days later, it is not red anymore...it changes to a kind of dark spot. and my cheek has red+dark dots that was pimple be4 it is kinda like a scar~ but i am not sure.

Can bp gel get rid of the red+black dots or spots???

or any others products can help??/

Plz help me!!!!

ou may want to look into getting a peel done (Retinoic, Lacti, Glycolic or combo)...Once you have this done you can reaccess these marks that are red/brown in color. Peels do help greatly and so does hydroquinone and Tretinoin.

As far as using BP and if you should wash mid-day especially after exercising, Its a good idea to clean the skin of sweat and sebum that lies on the skin after exhursion esp. with acne-prone skin. I would cleanse lightly and apply a sunblock. You can do your full AM and PM routines the same. You don't want to over use BP or anything that can aggrevate your skin with too much use. A gentle cleanser and sunblock will work well.

Good luck!

You may need a professional peel ( topical application to help with exfoliation and acne causing bacteria) to help lighten the dark brown or red marks that you mention and any blemishes that you have I would seek an aesthetician to analyze your skin and choose the appropriate peel if you havn't already.

More information on different types of peels to help with blemishes and hyperpigmentation is at http://dermnetnz.org/treatments/fruit-acids.html

Good luck!

I would highly recommend you avoid a peel as well as washing during the day at this time.

For more on washing during the day, see http://www.acne.org/faq.html#sweat

As far as peels and such, wait until you are completely clear of active acne before adding in any variables. Then you can add in 1 variable at a time.

-Dan

thx man!

I still hv 1 question~

Is that normal that after applying bp gel to a red pimple will change its color to kinda dark red~ that the center is red,but small area surround the small red dot is kinda dark~

How to clear that? thank you very much!

I don't know how to clear red marks. I personally do not get them from bp. However, if you do a search for "red marks" you will get a lot of ideas. Be careful not to add in variables until you are completely clear, however.