Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dj1010

The Saddest Part About Acne

... is that everyday for the rest of my life i'm going to look in the mirror and imagine how i was supposed to look without acne and the bumps and scars and I'll know that im never going to get to see me. The real me. The me i wish i was, and the me I am supposed to be. Its been 6 years since i've seen me... and i miss him more everyday.

... just venting... whats the worst part for u?

I'm pretty Ok with the way i look...yea sure i have some scars, but apparently no one else can see them anyway..

the worst part for me i guess would be the fact that i still get acne..and the fact that im fairly certain i'll have adult acne too...boo.

... is that everyday for the rest of my life i'm going to look in the mirror and imagine how i was supposed to look without acne and the bumps and scars and I'll know that im never going to get to see me. The real me. The me i wish i was, and the me I am supposed to be.  Its been 6 years since i've seen me... and i miss him more everyday.

... just venting... whats the worst part for u?

what do you mean the real you. the you you are looking at is the real you. i think getting acne is a test. you really have to beat it, and you will.

DJ,

You are definitly not alone!!

That is a very common feeling among acne sufferers, there are many devastating phsychological effects that come from blemishes and disfiguration of scars and pustules. Many of us have been there, many are still there, you need support. To find a good dermatologist and aesthetician will help. To find friends and people who feel the same as you do whether online or inperson is a real positive outlet to get your frustrations heard.

These boards are encouraginf, especially with photos available to find people that are similar to you, to find out what works doesnt work, and to find people that understand.

It is a real shame how dibilitating acne is for so many, some give up their dreams of college, career and more. Everyday acne sufferers avoid the spotlight, even if it is just going to get the groceries. A triple-check in the mirror to check the status of there skin may be the way for some to just get in the door. As the acne fades and clears an uplifting spirit is right behind. A few breakouts and you can remember again how much acne makes us suffer unside and out.

Although its not easy to clear up acne especially difficult and severe cases. You must remind yourself that you are not alone, afterall Dan has a great site with a gazillion smile.gif of people ready to chat and get through the difficult times. Keep trying to get your acne under control, scars are not that bad when compared to active acne, sometimes they can be fixed or lessened.

Good Luck to you!