Notifications
Clear all

Need A Moisturizer Recommendation

MemberMember
(@flakycoypu)

Posted : 01/17/2014 7:00 pm

Ive been using Gold Bond for the past few days and It makes my skin very oily.

Need one thats available at Target

Is it because I just started the Regimen and will be better when I increase the amount of BP?

MemberMember
(@darkdubzs)

Posted : 01/26/2014 11:37 pm

I HIGHLY recommend Olay sensitive moisture therapy lotion, and i actually got it at target too. Its only like $8 and should last a month or so. Its very moisturizing, good on sensitive skin, goes on smoothly like a gel almost, totally invisible, wont mix with Dans BP, little fragrance, and it even helps fade acne scars. I really love it, check it out.

http://www.target.com/p/olay-classic-moisturizing-lotion-sensitive-skin-6-oz/-/A-11155064

MemberMember
(@olly-c)

Posted : 01/27/2014 5:36 pm

Doesn't that break you out? It is a cocktail of comedogenic ingredients :/ lol

I used to use an olay moisturiser and I swear to the gods it never broke me out but it had so many comedogenic ingredients!

I HIGHLY recommend Olay sensitive moisture therapy lotion, and i actually got it at target too. Its only like $8 and should last a month or so. Its very moisturizing, good on sensitive skin, goes on smoothly like a gel almost, totally invisible, wont mix with Dans BP, little fragrance, and it even helps fade acne scars. I really love it, check it out.

http://www.target.com/p/olay-classic-moisturizing-lotion-sensitive-skin-6-oz/-/A-11155064

MemberMember
(@joshd1987)

Posted : 01/30/2014 11:44 pm

I had a bad experience with the Olay moisturizer too. I'm interested in the answer to this too.

MemberMember
(@darkdubzs)

Posted : 01/31/2014 5:14 pm

I used to use an olay moisturiser and I swear to the gods it never broke me out but it had so many comedogenic ingredients!

It says its non-comedogenic though and i dont think it is causing me to break out, unless it is but i just dont know that it is the problem... :/

MemberMember
(@olly-c)

Posted : 02/01/2014 8:28 am

It says its non-comedogenic though and i dont think it is causing me to break out, unless it is but i just dont know that it is the problem... :/

unfortunately most skin care brands put that on their products regardless of the ingredients.

based on the ingredients it is technically quite comedogenic.

I never knew if things were breaking me out until I started using things with no comedogenic ingredients in at all and my skin cleared up loads!

MemberMember
(@darkdubzs)

Posted : 02/01/2014 4:51 pm

unfortunately most skin care brands put that on their products regardless of the ingredients.

based on the ingredients it is technically quite comedogenic.

I never knew if things were breaking me out until I started using things with no comedogenic ingredients in at all and my skin cleared up loads!

What moisturizer would you recommend then? I might switch and see if a difference is made. Im on like day 13 or so of The Regimen and still breaking out, might be because of that Olay moisturizer im using? What ingredients in it are comedogenic?

MemberMember
(@mmcgough)

Posted : 02/16/2014 11:52 am

I switched to cetaphil moistourizer instead of dans and it completely got rid of my dry skin I recommend it!

(@LewisS)

Posted : 02/16/2014 7:04 pm

Normally I use A-DERMA skin care cream, but today I ran out. Since I couldn't possibly sleep without applying some sort of moisturiser, I bought a cheap simple 'anti-blemish' one...already, I do not recommend it. But anyways, the a-derma one is fantastic, non-comedogenic (and actually is!) - pretty sure you can get it in the US, where I presume you're from since you mentioned target.

Even though I love it, I'm going to look for a cheaper alternative, probably something from the LUSH line since I'm loving some of their products I bought recently. Apparently their 'vanishing cream' is pretty good.

MemberMember
(@darkdubzs)

Posted : 02/17/2014 1:34 am

I cant find that A derma cream in stores or even online here in the US. Seems like its only in the UK. :/

MemberMember
(@risu)

Posted : 02/17/2014 1:27 pm

I've been using the Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture at night and the SPF 15 version during the day. I haven't noticed any breakouts related to it. I know you can get this one at Walmart for a reasonable price, so I'm sure it's also at Target.

MemberMember
(@alohagirl)

Posted : 04/05/2014 11:00 am

In general when searching for a day moisturizer, I recommend staying away from anything that is called a 'cream' or contains any petroleum ingredients. Many lines carry a gel moisturizer, which is sometimes a good alternative. If you have oily skin, these gels could be a welcomed change for your skin. If you do not have oily you don't need to add more oil to the surface of the skin...but you also don't want to avoid moisturizers, as this will signal to your skin to produce more oil to replace moisture to the skin.

Strangely, I have always found Neutrogena moisturizers to be to heavy and oily and Olay products contain perfumes that can cause rashes. Cetaphil cream is also a surprising disappointment.

At the risk of seeming like I'm trying to promote one product on this forum, I will state that I DO NOT sell this product, but I have used it for many months and am very pleased with it's lightness and the overall results.

It is a little pricey, but in my opinion, very much worth the investment.

Nerium AD day moisturizer has been the absolute best moisturizer I have ever found in 20 years of searching...I know rather hard to believe, but for me, it's been the best!

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 04/06/2014 12:36 pm

Hi

I use a moisturizer made by CeraVe which I really like but I'm not sure you can get it where you live.

You could take a look at www.paulaschoice.com for ratings on all brands of moisturizers. Their ratings are pretty fair and they tell you which ingredients are likely to irritate. Like everyhting else it seems to be trial and error with moisturizers as one one person likes another doesn't!

Good luck.

MemberMember
(@thisuser)

Posted : 04/14/2014 11:03 pm

Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture, Combination Skin has completely safe ingredients. It shouldn't cause breakouts.

MemberMember
(@pratiwi)

Posted : 04/20/2014 11:17 am

hi everyone,

I just wanna ask, is it okay to use moisturizer with SPF at night?

cause I've tried to use moisturizer without SPF and it makes my face breakout.

MemberMember
(@olly-c)

Posted : 04/24/2014 2:25 pm

find another one. don't sleep with spf on your face lol

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 04/30/2014 3:16 pm

CeraVe moisturising lotion. The 12oz one is still cheap for me and I have to ship it from America to the uk.

MemberMember
(@nickolasc)

Posted : 05/07/2014 11:23 am

Try some pure sweet almond oil buy it from a health foods store.