Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

On 1/23/2014 at 12:49 PM, Sirius Lee said:
On 1/23/2014 at 9:39 AM, DC-girl said:

You want to be careful with both silicone and subcision because they're gonna have permanent consequences (hopefully good ones). So make sure you do your research and trust whomever is doing it.

I've heard of countless horror stories about silicone injections but no disastrous fallout yet from subcision gone terribly wrong. With subcision, you're basically breaking up the tethered scar tissues so I can't think of any major risk other than possible infection.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/23/2014 at 4:34 PM, LeadingForce said:
On 1/23/2014 at 12:49 PM, Sirius Lee said:
On 1/23/2014 at 9:39 AM, DC-girl said:

You want to be careful with both silicone and subcision because they're gonna have permanent consequences (hopefully good ones). So make sure you do your research and trust whomever is doing it.

I've heard of countless horror stories about silicone injections but no disastrous fallout yet from subcision gone terribly wrong. With subcision, you're basically breaking up the tethered scar tissues so I can't think of any major risk other than possible infection.

 

Yep, you could. I remember watching a video of subcision and after seeing how careless they seem to be with the skin I decided I'd rather microneedle them myself. You can get great results with at home microneedling even if you have huge scars.

Check this thread out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Speaking of which, that dude only required 3 months to fill his craters! I don't know about you, but having lived with scars forever, that is just obnoxious. Lol

But, regretfully, the guy omitted much needed details about how he was able to plump the holes up so quickly. He just vanished into thin air. Like there aren't other people who couldn't benefit from his knowledge, ggrrr!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Speaking of which, that dude only required 3 months to fill his craters! I don't know about you, but having lived with scars forever, that is just obnoxious. Lol

But, regretfully, the guy omitted much needed details about how he was able to plump the holes up so quickly. He just vanished into thin air. Like there aren't other people who couldn't benefit from his knowledge, ggrrr!!

LOL, dude, I just re-read that thread. He describes in detail what he did. Just re-read it. ;)

Edited by DC-girl
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/24/2014 at 10:31 AM, DC-girl said:

LOL, dude, I just re-read that thread. He describes in detail what he did. Just re-read it. 

Actually, I've been following that thread for some time with keen interest. How could I not? Never had I seen such a quick fix of such a massive crater, EVER!

But, OMG, the dude hashes out only three posts in total. In the last post, he does dole out some useful info but those are already widely covered elsewhere like on the OwnDoc forum, or too damn general to be of any use. Nowhere does he give any specific pointers like how often he poked in the earlier stage and for how long of a duration or the lancet is inserted. Moreover, did he use or consume anything else to help speed up the healing process? Nowhere to be found. Nothing, nada, zip.

Be that as it may, it ain't like I'm not grateful for his contribution, however scant it might be. But he kinda left us hanging by the thread to figure things out for ourselves. That I find a bit insensitive, considering that there are some desperate people out there who could use some help. Anyway, my useless 2-cents.

Edited by MadsKeystone
Removed broken emoji
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/24/2014 at 3:51 PM, Sirius Lee said:
On 1/24/2014 at 10:31 AM, DC-girl said:

LOL, dude, I just re-read that thread. He describes in detail what he did. Just re-read it. 

Actually, I've been following that thread for some time with keen interest. How could I not? Never had I seen such a quick fix of such a massive crater, EVER!

 

Be that as it may, it ain't like I'm not grateful for his contribution, however scant it might be. But he kinda left us hanging by the thread to figure things out for ourselves. That I find a bit insensitive, considering that there are some desperate people out there who could use some help. Anyway, my useless 2-cents.

 

Edited by MadsKeystone
Removed broken emoji
Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Edited by MadsKeystone
Removed link
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice results. Congrats! You must be really happy.

How did you get rid of those rolling ones? I've had nice results too but can't seem to get rid of the last rolling scars.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice results. Congrats! You must be really happy.

How did you get rid of those rolling ones? I've had nice results too but can't seem to get rid of the last rolling scars.

Thank you, I am. Everything I did I put in my initial post.

You could maybe try HA fillers if none of that has worked for you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey! Congrats!!!!!! 

I have a question. After you done dermastamping, what do you apply to scars? copper peptide or vitamin C?

That picture of your scar gives me a HOPE!

Thanks for posting ;)

Edited by MadsKeystone
Removed broken emoji
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest

Hi,

May I ask where you bought your dermastamp from? Also, did you use numbing cream when applying the dermastamp? Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/30/2014 at 6:23 AM, tavius said:

Hi,

May I ask where you bought your dermastamp from? Also, did you use numbing cream when applying the dermastamp? Thanks!

 

I got them from owndoc.

On 1/29/2014 at 11:16 AM, Beautyanddarkness said:

Hey! Congrats!!!!!! 

I have a question. After you done dermastamping, what do you apply to scars? copper peptide or vitamin C?

That picture of your scar gives me a HOPE!

Thanks for posting 

I used Owndoc's A&D ointment most of the time.

Edited by MadsKeystone
Removed broken emojis
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/30/2014 at 6:54 PM, marthaqueenbee said:

Thanks so much for sharing your success, im going to try this and see how it works, i still have some scars left from bad outbreaks that occured almost 6 months ago 

6 months is still really early, I successfully improved scars that were 12 years old with tca.

Edited by MadsKeystone
Removed broken emoji
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just a quick scar point to make. I had acne and after healing my acne I found a cream , Ambi Fade Cream, that worked wonders for me. I realize there are chemicals in that, that people do not want to use on their skin. But if that is not a problem for you, this product REALLY worked for me. I used it morning and night, spot treatment on my dark spots and within 2 weeks I saw a difference, and in a month they faded completely. Just being honest! Everyone is different, so what works for me, may not work for others. But it's worth a try.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/31/2014 at 9:36 PM, DC-girl said:
On 1/30/2014 at 6:54 PM, marthaqueenbee said:

Thanks so much for sharing your success, im going to try this and see how it works, i still have some scars left from bad outbreaks that occured almost 6 months ago 

6 months is still really early, I successfully improved scars that were 12 years old with tca.

hey dc girl i was wandering if you could tell us all how often you dermaroller and did the chemical peels. I am currently getting professional dermaroller done at a clinic but am thinking of also getting chemical peels on the 3rd week after my dermaroller. Also are the any other good alternatives you would recommend for chemical peels compared to tca i am thinking of either glycolic acid or lactic acid what are your thoughts. Also what topicals did you use for dermaroller?

Edited by MadsKeystone
Removed broken emoji
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just a quick scar point to make. I had acne and after healing my acne I found a cream , Ambi Fade Cream, that worked wonders for me. I realize there are chemicals in that, that people do not want to use on their skin. But if that is not a problem for you, this product REALLY worked for me. I used it morning and night, spot treatment on my dark spots and within 2 weeks I saw a difference, and in a month they faded completely. Just being honest! Everyone is different, so what works for me, may not work for others. But it's worth a try.

How will this help those who have craters? You shouldn't confuse blotches, like hyperpigmentation or red marks, with acne pits or craters.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/3/2014 at 6:12 PM, zavvi said:
On 1/31/2014 at 9:36 PM, DC-girl said:
On 1/30/2014 at 6:54 PM, marthaqueenbee said:

Thanks so much for sharing your success, im going to try this and see how it works, i still have some scars left from bad outbreaks that occured almost 6 months ago 

6 months is still really early, I successfully improved scars that were 12 years old with tca.

hey dc girl i was wandering if you could tell us all how often you dermaroller and did the chemical peels. I am currently getting professional dermaroller done at a clinic but am thinking of also getting chemical peels on the 3rd week after my dermaroller. Also are the any other good alternatives you would recommend for chemical peels compared to tca i am thinking of either glycolic acid or lactic acid what are your thoughts. Also what topicals did you use for dermaroller?

I don't think anything other than TCA would do any good.

I tried to stamp and needle every 3-5weeks.

I used owndoc's A&D ointment after rolling.

Edited by MadsKeystone
Removed broken emoji
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest

What sort of technique did you use when applying the dermastamp? Did you just stamp each individual scar once or did you stamp multiple times? Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adding to that question ^

Did you stamp with a certain technique? Such as a certain angle from all sides? If so i haven't been doing that, I feel i would get wayy better results doing so.

Edited by Robertitoo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Tavius

I stamped multiple times, basically until it I felt like the whole area had been densely pierced.

@Robertitoo

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got a quick question for you DC-Girl. You said you went off retin-a before doing any treatment. How long were you off of retin-a before you did your first treatment? Also, did you start with TCA peel first or dermastamp? I used retin-a out of curiosity for 6 days, but dropped it right away because it was only doing harms to my skin. I think vitamin A products in general can do more harms than goods when it comes to dealing with scarring.

It has been a week since I came off retin-a, and I want to start the treatment ASAP. At the same time, I am scared that my skin is too sensitive at the moment due to vitamin A overdose. Your insight would be greatly helpful. Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes


×