Notifications
Clear all

It Hurts, It Doesn't Let Me Live Well

MemberMember
(@raf97)

Posted : 01/16/2014 1:57 pm

Acne hurts.

It make depression and it doesn't let you live well. When I talk with people I see they watching at my face and my pimples, my red marks and I know that they think "it's a shame"!.

I feel like I should hide my face as possibile I can, to not show to everyone what my face is.

It's like a self-defense, because I don't want to show my weaknesses.

I don't feel like everyone else, when I look at their faces I see a wonderful clean skin, no redness, no pimples, nothing. A sane and good skin.

It's not right that I have been fighting with this acne since September 2012, with a lot of stupid creams and and my hope that for every new treatment was disappointed.

Now I'm using topical isotretinoin (isotrex) in combination with benzoyl peroxide 10% that I use in the morning. Isotrex give me a horrible initial breakout that is still on my face and it makes me feel worse and worse.

It's the 7th week that I use isotrex and I'm losing the hope too.

I feel bad.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 01/16/2014 6:39 pm

You're not the first, nor will you be the last to experience such an emotion. You've had yours for only a year. Some people have suffered for over 20 years and still counting. What's worse, the deep scars that were left in the aftermath have caused unspeakable terror for many silent sufferers.

You are only lucky to have the Internet to vent your frustration. Some of us didn't have that same luxury. Moreover, what is so easy to obtain online nowadays was next to impossible in the pre-Internet era. You should feel fortunate that you have so much at your disposal. With all this knowledge, it would be silly not to be proactive about your problem, be it acne or otherwise.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 01/16/2014 10:32 pm

I just started using DMSO and have had amazing result. This must be like the 100th post in which I'm advocating this magic potion. It really is that amazing. I put DMSO on the affected area and leave it on overnight and the zits are gone. Only the most stubborn ones remain but they too are noticeably much smaller. Get a jar of 99% DMSO on eBay or from your local health supplement store and start using it ASAP.

HTH

MemberMember
(@celloislove)

Posted : 01/18/2014 9:00 am

It does hurt, physically and emotionall. I remember. But it's not that your acne is holding you back, but that you are holding yourself back. You can beat this, you are strong. You are not defective or broken. Acne sucks, but there are worse things. There are people out their with chronic disease, birth defects, terminal illnesses who would kill for acne to be their only worry.

Get out and live your life. Trust me, it's out there. Don't waste these years staring in a mirror hating what you see. You could die tomorrow for all you know.

You are going to make it through :]

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 01/18/2014 5:23 pm

Amen to that, Cello. I also love your signature. I cannot understand how these folks can base their life solely on what they see in the mirror, berating themselves in the process thinking others would also judge them by the number of zits on their face. Sirius Lee?

MemberMember
(@raf97)

Posted : 01/19/2014 9:27 am

Hey thank you for your answers.

I usually am strong, I say to me these things every day and I know that in the world there are a lot of people that are suffering for worse things.

But you know, when you're alone in front of a mirror and you see at your face , the rationality that you have disappears..

Maybe everyone deserves only a support from the society, but this society doesn't help.

I don't base my life on the opinion of others,no one should do it. I base my life on who I am.. sorry if I want the best for me.

I made this post to let people know that they aren't alone in this fight, I wanted to share some feelings and I wanted to give strenght to these people.

Good Luck ,everyone!

MemberMember
(@alfredodixz)

Posted : 01/20/2014 9:08 pm

You are not alone un this fight against acne, I have acne since I had 13, I've not kiss a woman and I am still virgin my sad story.

And really its very sad. it make depression :(

MemberMember
(@peaux)

Posted : 01/21/2014 12:16 am

Hello Guys,

I have suffered from acne as well and I can understand how it can affect your life. I needed to ask you guys for your permissions to use your encouraging comments for my company's blog. I want to highlight these words so that people can read them and get the strength to fight the attitude of this society.

I would be thankful for your permissions, especially CelloIsLove (love your signature)

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 01/21/2014 2:42 am

Hey thank you for your answers.

I usually am strong, I say to me these things every day and I know that in the world there are a lot of people that are suffering for worse things.

But you know, when you're alone in front of a mirror and you see at your face , the rationality that you have disappears..

Maybe everyone deserves only a support from the society, but this society doesn't help.

I don't base my life on the opinion of others,no one should do it. I base my life on who I am.. sorry if I want the best for me.

I made this post to let people know that they aren't alone in this fight, I wanted to share some feelings and I wanted to give strenght to these people.

Good Luck ,everyone!

Learn to love yourself. If you can't love and respect yourself, how can you possibly ask of love and respect from others? Next time you look in the mirror, instead of cussing at the face that you see, say "You're beautiful; I love you." Repeat it every time you see yourself in the mirror.

MemberMember
(@raf97)

Posted : 01/21/2014 4:54 am

Learn to love yourself. If you can't love and respect yourself, how can you possibly ask of love and respect from others? Next time you look in the mirror, instead of cussing at the face that you see, say "You're beautiful; I love you." Repeat it every time you see yourself in the mirror.

You're right. I will do it. Thank you :)

Hello Guys,

I have suffered from acne as well and I can understand how it can affect your life. I needed to ask you guys for your permissions to use your encouraging comments for my company's blog. I want to highlight these words so that people can read them and get the strength to fight the attitude of this society.

I would be thankful for your permissions, especially CelloIsLove (love your signature)

Hey, for me you can do it.