Notifications
Clear all

Road To No Acne!

MemberMember
(@davef1)

Posted : 01/16/2014 8:53 am

Hi everyone!

This is my first time actually posting on Acne.Org, although I have referenced the site a few times before, as well as other related sources.

I decided to post to track my journey and help others where I can. Additionally, to shine light on certain situations and stress that conditions to improve over time.

A little background on myself and my acne:

I'm a 19 year old college student, that turns 20 in a little over a month. I have battled/struggled with acne since the ending of senior year (2 years ago) and have been riding the roller coaster ever since. I have consulted a dermatologist, actually consulted a few, I have taken medication; cream and medicine forms. I have had both positive and negative results with certain things I have tried (as many of you have probably also experienced). I am at the final steps to completing this battle, but still struggle with acne on a daily basis.

My acne started in the summer of my senior year (as I mentioned above), and believe me, when I say started it is an understatement. Before this time period, I had never experienced a pimple anywhere on my body or my face, never had irritation on my face or anything of the sort. Out of what seemed like thin air, acne began erupting all over my face, chin, and neck. At the beginning stages of my personal acne, I believed that I would never overcome it because of how bad it looked and acted. I would experience consistent breakouts daily. It was the worse on my cheeks and my neck (as far as I believe). I knew that I needed to seek medical attention so I sought out a dermatologist. I was placed on Azithromycin and Ziana (cream and medicine forms). I quickly realized that I could not use skin care products on my face because of the irritation it causes and this continues to this day. On the contrary, the medicine provided for me actually worked wonders, and towards the end of my senior summer my cheek and neck acne almost completely disappeared. Additionally, the forehead was stabilized and I finally was under the impression that I had my acne situation under control. As freshman year of college began, it actually completely dissipated (disregarding the occasional one or two pimples everyone gets). I finally felt freedom and the way I could look in a mirror made me so happy. However, this feeling did not last long. I decided this year that I would begin wearing hats, something I never considered previously. This turned out to be extremely disastrous. Whether it was the dirt it created, the clogging that was a bi-product or that my skin simply could not breathe my hat definitely turned my acne in a negative direction. Additionally, because of my insecurities I I persisted on wearing my hat and actually would attempt to cover up what I did have with it. (Also a terrible decision) Since then, my forehead acne has stuck. I finally decided a few weeks ago I needed to do something to finish this off for good, and to rid myself of acne (or at least most of it).

I removed my hat for good (3 weeks ago roughly)

I continued taking my Azithromycin daily

I began drinking close to a gallon of water a day

I cut out everything negative in my diet (I eat good regardless) I focus on fruits and vegetables a lot

I attempt to keep a regulated sleeping schedule

Cutting as much stress as possible (this is the hardest!)

I hope to track my progress on this thread, and hopefully soon, will be able to post an additional one when my acne comes to a halt. Additionally, I am open to any suggestions that you guys have that might help me out! Except, any skin care products don't really work for me, so anything else is fair game! Thanks

1/16/2014

All Acne Cleared Up BESIDES FOREHEAD

3 decently sized pimples

Redness on left and right sides

A few bumps near edges of eyebrows on either side.

1/17/2014

The 3 Pimples Previously Referenced have decreased in size, one is a whitehead that hopefully will go away soon!

One little red spot by my lower lip

Only a few small bumps remain on my right side eyebrow

The redness has actually began to clear up!

Progress!

MemberMember
(@davef1)

Posted : 01/17/2014 11:16 pm

1/18/2014

Out of the 3 Pimples; 1 has almost disappeared, 1 has become a whitehead and will go away soon, and the last has shrunken in size significantly!

The one spot by my lower lip has also become a whitehead! Hopefully this will go away in the next day or two.

The tiny red bumps by my lower right eyebrow have dissipated, only one or two little ones pester on.

The redness on the left side is improving at an amazing pace, the right side is also getting there, however it's taking more time then it's sister side.

Keeping a good mentality (Important)

Keeping my sleep schedule under control

Continuing the diet.

Gonna beat this thing!

MemberMember
(@davef1)

Posted : 01/19/2014 4:33 am

1/19/2014

I traveled back to New Jersey today, so I was expecting some breakouts because of the lack of sanitation airplanes have, and not being able to wash etc.)

The one spot on my lower lip has gone away!

The tiny red bumps by my right eyebrow have disappeared and only 1 remains!

I got 2 bumps over the plane ride which is discouraging to say the least. They are both on my left side forehead.

The left side is where I want improvement to happen next.

The right and left top sides of my forehead are really clearing up though.

The right side is healing so we'll see where this goes.

I'm gonna get back on my time schedule here, and hopefully within the weak improvements will be made!

MemberMember
(@davef1)

Posted : 01/20/2014 4:20 am

1/20/2014

Still attempting to get adjusted to New Jersey time, wondering if this is affecting anything.

Everything below the brow ridge is completely clear, their seems to be a little red mark by my other lip, but nothing remotely close to substantial.

Their was 1 red bump that formed near my right eyebrow, sort of annoying.

As far as my forehead goes, it's mixed results.

Again, no new acne on the right side of my forehead. The top right is almost 100%, minus one very small red bump. The rest of my right side is still continuing to heal.

The left side has one big pimple, this is turning into a whitehead however so it's on the right track. Two additional small pimples accompany this. The rest is red and healing.

I've continued drinking water.

I'm still eating a very balanced diet.

Light exercise.

And the sleep schedule will be the last piece of the puzzle.

Not sure if the medicine is still having an substantial impact, visiting the dermatologist soon.

MemberMember
(@davef1)

Posted : 01/21/2014 5:27 am

1/21/2014

Once again, no pimples or breakouts below the brow ridge, everything is clear clear clear.

The one red bump that formed by my right eyebrow has become a whitehead so hopefully that will clear itself in the following couple of days, leaving that spot clean!

Still awaiting the top right of my forehead to be clear, the little red bump should be falling off soon.

The right side of my forehead doesn't have any new acne. The old acne that was there has begun to clear up, so fleft or now it's just spotty.

The left side of my forehead had a big pimple a few days ago, however it has crusted over and hopefully will fall off, there is one other pimple that I mentioned, but that too has become a whitehead! As of now both sides are not really "red" it's more of just healing acne that previously existed there.

I've been good with water.

I've added a few new things to my diet that are even more beneficial.

Walking today.

Slept for longer today, so continuing to work on that.

Dermatologist visit on the 3rd!

MemberMember
(@davef1)

Posted : 01/22/2014 4:52 am

1/22/2014

Everything eyebrows down is 100% clear. The spot mentioned in the previous post is so insignificant that I don't even have to worry about it anymore.

As for the rest of my face:

The top left is completely clear which is remaining as a constant

The left side is clearing up, and seems to be improving

The ride side is also clearing up, however 2 small pimples have formed towards the top, but if this is what needs to happen to clear the red spot I am fine with that.

The top right is also like 95% clear.

I've been continuing the water daily.

Keeping the diet.

Slept for 8 hours.

Getting off the oral antibiotic, I think I've been on it too long and it really hasn't been helping.

I am going to try BP, even though in the past I haven't had luck with topical treatments, I'll see how this goes.

12 days till Dermatologist.

MemberMember
(@davef1)

Posted : 01/23/2014 4:57 am

1/23/2014

I finally shaved today, which I was a little hesitant about doing because it would show any imperfections on my face; any red spots or little bumps, however I am pleased to say even without facial hair I'm clear.

The top Left and Right Sides are both still clear.

The Left side is gradually improving but it's hard to notice any radical changes.

The Right side seems to be improving faster.

I used the BP when I really shouldn't have yesterday. The 10% was way too much for my skin to handle and I payed the price. My skin got inflamed, itchy and I experienced swollen eyes.

Additionally, stopping my medicine was also a mistake; there's a reason I'm taking it.

Finally got the sleeping schedule on track.

Water/Diet still good.

Gonna try to relax these next few days.

11 days till Dermatologist.

MemberMember
(@davef1)

Posted : 01/24/2014 6:18 am

1/24/2014

My face looks really great today :)

My eyes have finally stopped swelling (because of the BP that I took a few days ago)

The whitehead on my right side eyebrow has finally gone away!

The Left Side of my forehead seems better; the bumps on the top have gone down, and some of the redness has also dissipated.

The Right Side has two small pimples that have become whiteheads; they are not as red as before, and hopefully will disappear soon.

Nothing new to report at all in terms of new pimples forming on my face.

My diet is staying strict.

Still drinking water.

Taking my medicine.

Back to soap/water 2 times per day.

I started showering so my hair is clean at night as well as during the daytime? I was thinking this may be the cause, because acne is only present on my forehead? We'll see.

The dermatologist has been moved to Monday which I'm very happy about! 2 Days Until that!

MemberMember
(@davef1)

Posted : 01/25/2014 8:44 am

1/25/2014

Hey everybody!

Once again face continuing to look clear, from the eyebrows down.

The acne adjacent to both brow regions is literally clear which starting from the beginning is definitely a notable improvement. (My Right-Side eyebrow area was a mess)

The bumps on my right side of my forehead have all turned into whiteheads, which means they will be going away at one point or another.

On the Left-Side, some of the smaller pimples have begun phasing out; turning into whiteheads and becoming smaller in size.

However, one of the white-heads seems a little red today, and additionally, the one under it the same, I'm gonna watch this progress.

Generally, things have been looking up for me, we're nearing two weeks and I can say that things have gotten better in this time span.

Hopefully, when I visit the doctor, they give me some good news about where I can expect this thing to go.

1 Day Until Dermatologist.

" "

MemberMember
(@davef1)

Posted : 01/26/2014 7:30 am

1/26/2014

Still riding along the rode of No Acne!

Neck is clear!

Face still clear (minus a few)

Left brow clear!

Right brow clear!

Top left forehead clear!

Top right forehead back to 95% clear.

The Left-Side of the forehead is definitely not as red, but two of the bumps still persist. The rest of the red spots are just healing spots that were once pimples.

The Right-Side is the same way. One little pimple; the rest is redness healing from previous things existing there.

Instead of showering twice to clean my hair, I decided to shower once and wash at night; no noticeable results.

Keeping the same regime besides that though.

I want these results!

Tomorrow is my dermatologist visit!

Wish me good luck :D

MemberMember
(@davef1)

Posted : 01/27/2014 7:39 am

1/27/2014

Dermatologist day :) Leaving for the appointment in a few hours!

The thing I'm looking for answers too is the redness on my left and right side forehead. (the problem that's been touched upon in every prior post)

On the left today the two pimples are definitely both white-heads, however one is quite large. I hope these go away soon.

Other than that the redness persists, I just hope I can get an answer to this problem soon.

Everything else is completely normal

" "

MemberMember
(@epicbro)

Posted : 05/29/2014 12:56 pm

Nice! did you have success with Ziana?