Notifications
Clear all

Zovia 1/35

MemberMember
(@cinnamon_stix)

Posted : 01/14/2014 6:20 pm

Just visited planned parenthood today. I've been on desogen for awhile and it has helped dramatically but I still break out. I figured I'd give demulen/zovia a try. Anyone here take it and had success with their skin?

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 01/14/2014 11:14 pm

Yes! I like it a lot. It's not a miracle worker, but it is definitely my favorite pill. Pills I've tried in the past include ortho tri cyclen, mircette, yasmin, yaz, and desogen (apri).

MemberMember
(@cinnamon_stix)

Posted : 01/17/2014 11:34 am

I'm pretty amped to try it. How's your skin doing on it right now?

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 01/18/2014 12:21 am

My skin is doing really well right now. I also follow a very good diet, though, which I think really helps. Inflamed acne is not really a problem for me any more, but I still have non-inflamed acne mainly around my nose. I think my non-inflamed acne is a result of things I use on my skin, like cleansers and makeup ,so I am experimenting to try to get rid of the last little bit.

MemberMember
(@cinnamon_stix)

Posted : 01/18/2014 2:08 pm

I can recommend an amazing makeup line that causes no breakouts for you ! Wearing the right kind of makeup definitely will help. What types of products are you using on your skin? Also did you experience any weight issues with this pill? Desogen actually made me loose weight so I'm worried about that

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 01/18/2014 3:15 pm

What makeup line is that? I ordered a bunch of samples of mineral makeup (Meow, alima, lauress, beauty bliss), but I haven't tried them yet because I have some weird rash going on on my face from a new cleanser I tried, and I'd like to wait for that to go away before trying anything new.

Right now I am only using purpose cleanser on my skin. Soon I'm going to try making my own DIY cleansing oil with a mixture of meadowfoam oil and an emulsifier. I run anything I try on my skin through cosdna and I also compare ingredients to this list http://www.sageskincare.com/Articles.asp?ID=255 to make sure I'm not using comedogenic ingredients.

I don't think zovia affects my weight, but I don't think I've ever had a birth control pill affect my weight. I'm naturally really thin (5'6" 115 lbs).

MemberMember
(@cinnamon_stix)

Posted : 01/18/2014 3:38 pm

Meow cosmetics is good I actually use that right now..I just don't enjoy how drying it is. I use the pampered puss formula because the heaviest formula they carry looks too cakey and dry. The mineral brand I use now instead has a semi matte finish which doesn't make my skin look dried out. And the best part is there's only three ingredients in it! Mica, titanium dioxide and iron oxides. The brand is called caren minerals. You can either order from their website or from amazon. And they offer samples to try before you order full sizes. Purpose is a good facial wash but its rather soapy which can be really harsh and strip your skin. If your looking to switch to all natural skincare I highly recommend ordering from etsy.com its an online shop where people sell handmade skincare and makeup. I order handmade cleansing oil from a shop on there and it works great.