Notifications
Clear all

Acne Only On Jawline?

MemberMember
(@pentanone)

Posted : 01/14/2014 12:18 pm

So I went through the accutane treatment about 3 years ago and it worked wonders. Recently my acne has come back except this time its not cystic. My acne is ONLY along my jawline.. nowhere else on my face or my body. I'm a 20 year old male. Is there any signfigance to this? After being clear from an accutane treatment it really sucks to be breaking out quite a bit again.

MemberMember
(@accuracy101)

Posted : 01/14/2014 5:49 pm

Pictures? It may be caused by shaving

MemberMember
(@youknow1)

Posted : 01/15/2014 6:09 am

In modern medicine jawline acne is the result of incest, stop what you are doing bro, it's WRONG!

MemberMember
(@pentanone)

Posted : 01/15/2014 11:54 am

If it were to be caused by shaving (it looks more like acne than razor bumps I might add) then how would I go about battling it? I will post pictures as soon as possible.

MemberMember
(@atn)

Posted : 01/15/2014 12:17 pm

Have you been workout a lot? I've noticed that I sometimes get breakouts when I go through a strenuous workout session. It could be a result of high testosterone levels.

MemberMember
(@pentanone)

Posted : 01/15/2014 2:27 pm

As you can, if viewing me straight on, my face looks to have virtually no acne..

From the sides however....

The acne is red, pretty much completely flat with the occasional raised bump and white head.. it also tends to be a bit itchy..

I shave literally on that entire area that is covered which does seem quite odd to me.

Before accutane I had sever cystic acne so the type of acne I have is completely different from before.

And this is what I'm battling with right now sad.png

post-201267-0-02074200-1389813971.jpg

post-201267-0-17704800-1389813972.jpg

post-201267-0-96115200-1389813972.jpg

This is what my skin looked like before accutane and then the summer after I finished so it's a bit disheartening to have acne all over again:

248639_212113108828638_2742151_n.jpg

224634_449154815124465_1822693556_n.jpg

post-201267-0-02074200-1389813971.jpg

post-201267-0-17704800-1389813972.jpg

post-201267-0-96115200-1389813972.jpg

MemberMember
(@fsksattar)

Posted : 01/15/2014 3:25 pm

Hope you Find the Right product that suits your Skin....

MemberMember
(@pentanone)

Posted : 01/15/2014 3:56 pm

I know it looks fairly faded in the picture but its much more red in person and I'd say it looks different almost every week :S

MemberMember
(@pentanone)

Posted : 01/15/2014 5:39 pm

Have you been workout a lot? I've noticed that I sometimes get breakouts when I go through a strenuous workout session. It could be a result of high testosterone levels.

I don't work out a lot no.

MemberMember
(@droyder)

Posted : 01/15/2014 9:17 pm

looks like mild acne to me and not related to shaving. have you tried a daily BP treatment like the Regimen?

MemberMember
(@pentanone)

Posted : 01/18/2014 6:56 pm

looks like mild acne to me and not related to shaving. have you tried a daily BP treatment like the Regimen?

After the second day my face gets extremely red and puffy and irritated so I always stop. Not sure what to do really.

MemberMember
(@droyder)

Posted : 01/18/2014 7:18 pm

After the second day my face gets extremely red and puffy and irritated so I always stop. Not sure what to do really.

and that's with a 2.5% BP like Dan sells here? and are you sure you're moisturizing enough? if so, your skin must be extremely sensitive. while 2.5% BP will cause some dryness and tightness of the skin, extreme redness and puffy almost sounds like an allergic reaction.

also, part of any normal routine where you're using topical solutions requires you to stick with it for a while to allow your skin to adjust and see real results. as much redness and puffiness you might experience, you could potentially be selling yourself short by quitting that soon.

i'm not necessarily saying that 2.5% BP is the ultimate cure for everyone, but it's proven quite effective with killing current bacteria and preventing future breakouts. you should be starting off very slowly by applying a very thin layer of the BP to just your cheek areas and not over your whole face. and then moisturize after. do that for a week or so and if it seems to be helping a bit, then apply more BP during the 2nd week.. and so on.

if this BP routine fails where you're still getting no clearing, you could try using just a mild cleanser and moisturzer in the morning and evening. you might get clear just from that.

MemberMember
(@pentanone)

Posted : 01/18/2014 7:21 pm

and that's with a 2.5% BP like Dan sells here? and are you sure you're moisturizing enough? if so, your skin must be extremely sensitive. while 2.5% BP will cause some dryness and tightness of the skin, extreme redness and puffy almost sounds like an allergic reaction.

also, part of any normal routine where you're using topical solutions requires you to stick with it for a while to allow your skin to adjust and see real results. as much redness and puffiness you might experience, you could potentially be selling yourself short by quitting that soon.

i'm not necessarily saying that 2.5% BP is the ultimate cure for everyone, but it's proven quite effective with killing current bacteria and preventing future breakouts. you could try starting off very slow by applying a very thin layer of the BP to just your cheek areas and not over your whole face. and then moisturize after. do that for a week or so and if it seems to be helping a bit, then apply more BP during the 2nd week.. and so on.

if this BP routine fails and you're still getting no clearing, i would suggest using just a mild cleanser and moisturzer in the morning and evening. you might get clear just from that.

I have been just using a mild cleanser and moisturizer since taking accutane 3 years ago. My skin is very prone to dryness like if I shower too hot or something like that so maybe that's why. I started with BP again so maybe I'll just continue and see what happens. If it becomes to unbearable and obviously is doing more harm then I'll stop. Thanks though :)

MemberMember
(@pentanone)

Posted : 02/22/2014 7:48 pm

Okay so I tried BP for about a month and no significant changes occurred. Like before, when my acne was much worse, nothing worked except for accutane. :(

MemberMember
(@orlando158)

Posted : 02/23/2014 11:13 am

is not caused by shaving, is just luck, I had the same when I was 17, many years ago, it went away on its own

I also thought it was due to shaving, jawline, I had way more facial hair than the op

just keep using bp, just in case, for prevention, your acne is almost gone now, in a few years, is gonna go away on its own

just wait

MemberMember
(@townes)

Posted : 02/24/2014 4:40 am

You should check out my thread about going on a regimen without initial breakout. I used to have really bad acne like you but it changed as soon as I started the regimen by testing many different products and stopping any irritants on the face. First, I only wash my face with a gentle cleanser. I don't use BP or any other harsh products because something more "natural" is better for you. In the past, I tried prescribed topicals and orals but it eventually broke me out again after I stopped it like in your case. That's why I decided to take a lot of different pills. I currently take 9 pills a day BUT I am almost clear if I didn't have the acne marks. I am currently taking turmeric, bee propolis, acai berry, vitamin c, vitamin d3 with magnesium and zinc (One pill), garlic pill (bulb), and grape fruit seed extract. I think that turmeric and garlic pill helped me the most in reducing my breakouts. Acai berry, vitamin c, d3 is for my scars. And grape fruit seed extract and garlic is for Candida (yeast). You should try the candida test at home. As soon as you wake up from the morning, get a glass of water and spit into it once. If you see legs forming within 3-4 minutes, that means you have high levels of yeast. I spent so much on pills just to find the right ones and these 6 are perfect for acne.