Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SSS

SCOTCH TAPE METHOD

has anyone tried that scotch tape method for the removal of dead skin cells and superficial acne scars ???

i have seen it mentioned on other boards, i just wanted to know if anyone had success with this method or see any results by doing this,

if so how long does it take to see results ??

I've been doing the scotch tape thing off and on for about 3-4 weeks. I can't really tell if there is any improvement on my marks. But it works great for removing dead skin cells. My face is very smooth because of the tape. Although I have seen my marks get smaller and fade a little, but I think that is only due to time not the tape. I'm also using a hydroquinone fading cream which hasn't really done anything. So sorry if I crush any hopes of quickly getting rid of your marks, but I think the best thing is time.... sad.gif

I still use tape sometimes to exfoliate. smile.gif As far as using it to treat acne scars, I would think that its efficacy would be comparable to voodoo.

Okay - - I feel completely insane. After reading this post, I decided to try to use scotch tape to remove some dry skin from my face. It works. So now, I am sitting at my desk, putting scotch tape on my face. I fear my boss will want me to take an evaluation to make sure I'm okay. This is really funny! I just pocketed some. I mean, scotch tape is much more important to me right now than to them.

It would really suck to lose your job because you got caught stealing tape. My super oldguy powers of integrity dictate that you should put it back. user posted image