Notifications
Clear all

Acne Scars 🙁

MemberMember
(@roman95)

Posted : 01/13/2014 2:40 am

Hey guys Im seeking for help with my skin condition. It really bothers me i have a dermatologist appointment coming up soon but i thought coming on the fourm can also be helpful. So ive been an acne sufferer for some time now and now im 18years old and things are getting better but im stuck with these scars.. Id say some are scarred pores and others are ice pick, i have scarred pores that gunk builds up in them .. when i try to get it out but it sometimes just worsens the scar so i just dont know what to do.. Its so stressfull, i highlighted in the picture for you guys to see what im talking about. Hopeing i could get some comments/tips on what could help me... thanks in advance smile.png

MemberMember
(@yanagupta)

Posted : 01/13/2014 4:48 am

They seem ice pick indented acne scars. It's great that you're up from an appointment. Good Luck grinwink.gif You can ask the derma if you can try hypoallergenic scar therapy for your scars, because so far it's the safest, harmless and effective therapy according to me as it helped me out after so many disappointments. Apart from that, diet intake should be maintained i.e ensuring that you're taking essential minerals and vitamins that are necessary for healing these scars internally and keeping your skin hydrated by drinking as much water as you can. Hope it helps.

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 01/13/2014 7:16 am

look up tca cross for ice pick scars....one or two sessions and you are done

your scarring is very mild, consider yourself lucky, browse the gallery here and realize how fortunate you are, get these little ice picks treated and move on with your life!

MemberMember
(@roman95)

Posted : 01/13/2014 12:18 pm

Thanks for the feed back apreciate it smile.png

MemberMember
(@austra)

Posted : 01/13/2014 1:45 pm

look up tca cross for ice pick scars....one or two sessions and you are done

your scarring is very mild, consider yourself lucky, browse the gallery here and realize how fortunate you are, get these little ice picks treated and move on with your life!

I've got similar scarring and 3 TCA crosses with a professional didn't help at all.... I'm not saying Cross wouldn't be worth a try for this type of scarring, but don't give false hope that things would get dramatically better since that's not certain at all.

Chances are the OP would get at least some improvement with Cross though, but it's best to try a test spot if possible first and definitely go to a professional.

I also think I got some hypopigmentation from Cross that showed up around 1.5 years after my last treatment. It's fairly mild, but still worth keeping in mind. Hardly any scar treatment is risk-free.