Notifications
Clear all

Black Drawing Salve Is A Lifesaver!

MemberMember
(@chae1990)

Posted : 01/12/2014 9:29 pm

I just wanted to share something that I have found works wonders for me and I hope that it can help someone else. I personally don't have constant breakouts, but when I do get a pimple it is either one large cyst or a huge under the skin pimple. Big nasty things that are really painful and take FOREVER to go away!!

Well, try putting black drawing slave on one of those suckers and BOOM comes to a head, draws out the pus, and see ya later you big nasty sucker.

I haven't tried this on my cysts because thankfully I haven't had one for awhile. But, those bug painful under the skin pimples (that people often mistake as "cysts"..... there is a difference people, just because a pimple is big doesn't mean its a cyst) go away in a fraction of the time. I get it healed in a few days, rather than a few weeks and it keeps the size down. I just put some black salve on there and let it to its work. I find that it works better at drawing out the infection if I put it on during the day and don't cover it with a band aid. But I have to wipe away the pus every so often or else it drips down my face (sorry, I know that's gross).

I'm thinking that it would also do the same for a cyst. Although I've always gotten a cortisone shot.

Just a heads up, black salve smells and looks like tar. Smells gross, but worth it to be pimple free. I really hope this helps someone else as much as it helped me!!

Valerie44 liked
MemberMember
(@valerie44)

Posted : 02/16/2014 6:23 pm

Just applied PRID Black Drawing Salve for the first time about an hour ago on a cyst that appeared yesterday morning. I will come back and post the outcome tomorrow :)

MemberMember
(@valerie44)

Posted : 02/17/2014 8:24 am

Ok, not only did this stuff bring the cyst to a head but it drained itself out! I applied a thick layer of the black salve to the ugly, big, painful cyst then applied a band aid over it, today I woke up took it off and was amazed at what I saw in the mirror----NO MORE CYST it is completely flat like if I never even had a cyst to begin with! Now I know what to use when I get another one! Thank you for mentioning this product or I would of never even tried it :) I'm as happy as can be :)

MemberMember
(@chae1990)

Posted : 02/17/2014 12:02 pm

I'm glad it worked for you! :)

Valerie44 liked
MemberMember
(@valerie44)

Posted : 02/17/2014 12:11 pm

I didn't think it would work as well as it did, I thought at the most it would come to a head and I would have to pop it but nope it drained all by itself over night and now I have nothing not even a bump! I wish I had a before pic to prove the effects of the black salve. Im hoping I don't get another cyst any time soon but if I do I will for sure take a before and after pic!!!

MemberMember
(@chae1990)

Posted : 02/17/2014 12:29 pm

Wow that is awesome! The first time I used it, it was on a large and painful pimple that didn't have a head and I was terrified it was going to be a cyst. My cystic acne is only ever one around the same spot every time. I'm not sure if it was just a large painful pimple or a cyst, but the salve made it go away in a few days. I'm impressed that it took you only 1 day! I love this stuff. Works well on whiteheads too.

Valerie44 liked
MemberMember
(@valerie44)

Posted : 02/17/2014 12:49 pm

Same here, I always get a cyst in the same exact spot! I haven't gotten a cyst in a while till this one showed up but thanks to you and sharing this info the cyst is now dead lol. I'm lucky that I don't have any issues with white heads or black heads. And you also just saved me $45 co pay to go get cortisone shots yay!

MemberMember
(@chae1990)

Posted : 02/17/2014 12:55 pm

I'm glad I could help! It is so frustrating to keep getting one in the same spot and have to get a shot (which hurts!) every single time!

Valerie44 liked
MemberMember
(@valerie44)

Posted : 02/17/2014 3:00 pm

I know, I felt like a pin cushion lol and not to mention I would bleed every time! Well I'm hoping I wont need anything in a few more months since starting Spironolactone 5 months ago so I'm keeping my fingers crossed it works. I'm too old for this acne crap :(

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 05/19/2014 7:12 am

Ok, not only did this stuff bring the cyst to a head but it drained itself out! I applied a thick layer of the black salve to the ugly, big, painful cyst then applied a band aid over it, today I woke up took it off and was amazed at what I saw in the mirror----NO MORE CYST it is completely flat like if I never even had a cyst to begin with! Now I know what to use when I get another one! Thank you for mentioning this product or I would of never even tried it I'm as happy as can be

I am there right now. Have a cyst that does not seem affected by antibiotics. Just applied black drawing salve and put a bandaid.

Have another large pustular cyst in the making. Also dabbed black drawing salve on it.

Praying for it to work right now.

Will post back tomorrow (or tonight).

Valerie44 liked
MemberMember
(@valerie44)

Posted : 05/19/2014 4:24 pm

I hope it works well for you Battle 2011 !! On some of the cysts I got it took 2 or 3 days before it was completely gone but made them come to a head so much faster than applying topicals. Just keep the Black Salve and the bandaid on it over night. Cant wait to hear how well it worked out for you :)

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 05/20/2014 3:58 am

I hope it works well for you Battle 2011 !! On some of the cysts I got it took 2 or 3 days before it was completely gone but made them come to a head so much faster than applying topicals. Just keep the Black Salve and the bandaid on it over night. Cant wait to hear how well it worked out for you

The salve didn't yet drain the cyst, but it looked better this morning than it did yesterday. Smaller and much less inflammed. I can see more a few white dots in it now, which means the puss is coming to the surface. It's also hurting much less than it did before. Still hesitating to help it drain. Have put drawing salve on it again this morning and will wait until evening to see how it progresses!

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 05/20/2014 1:54 pm

I hope it works well for you Battle 2011 !! On some of the cysts I got it took 2 or 3 days before it was completely gone but made them come to a head so much faster than applying topicals. Just keep the Black Salve and the bandaid on it over night. Cant wait to hear how well it worked out for you

Ok now the cyst or facial boil was completely white. I could delicately drain it with a tissue and without having to to damage surrounding skin.

It quickly opened up and puss, plus liquid, plus blood came out. I think I am done with this one!

I quickly applied tee tree oil, and I have put another round of ichtammol + band aid to go through the night.

Just want to make sure I draw everything out. I also read ichtammol is anti-inflammatory, antimycotic, antibacterial.... etc!

So I guess it can't hurt to put it an a popped boil. It is tingling right now.... Something is happening there.

I'm so much looking forward to tomorrow and hopefully a face without a huge boil on it. If it could flaten, I would be really happy. The rest of my face is more or less acceptable right now. Damages done last week have resorbed and that area looks much better. I can feel and see another cyst might come up on the other side of my face (thanks to the sauna session... but it was really needed anyway). I am already starting preventive counter measures and treating it with Ichtammol.

I have also started a round of probiotics to restore balance to my guts and fight bad bacteria from within.

Game on, pimples....

Valerie44 liked
MemberMember
(@valerie44)

Posted : 05/20/2014 3:18 pm

Glad its working for you Battle2011 !!!! The Black Salve is the only thing that actually works on my cysts so Im glad to hear it seems to be working for you as well :)

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 05/22/2014 1:32 am

It is a long process though. Can not remember having such a boil in the past. This one lasted 7 days and I think the last part was drawn out this morning. There was still puss and blood in there. Not sure what bacteria is causing these but clearly my body is sending large amounts of white blood cells to get rid of it. Maybe a good sign that my immune system is working although very unsightly!

MemberMember
(@battle2011)

Posted : 05/22/2014 12:53 pm

Gosh.... There is a scab over the popped part, the boil/pimple has totally gone down. However, there is still a bit of white puss in there. How can this be?? How much puss can be in a single pimple??

MemberMember
(@valerie44)

Posted : 05/22/2014 1:19 pm

Keep applying the Black Salve and bandaid, I had a stubborn cyst that did the same so I kept applying the Salve, it will get all the puss out eventually but you have to keep using it.

MemberMember
(@chae1990)

Posted : 09/25/2014 6:44 pm

Hi glad to hear it worked for someone else too! I've been m.i.a. for awhile and have an update on this post. I've used it on cysts with success..I got rid of two using the salve. However, I gave in the last time and got the cortisone injection. It wasn't working fast enough and I got too impatient Anyway, it is still the best solution I have for at home treatment.

MemberMember
(@meraders)

Posted : 10/19/2014 7:46 pm

XE

Keep applying the Black Salve and bandaid, I had a stubborn cyst that did the same so I kept applying the Salve, it will get all the puss out eventually but you have to keep using it.

Could you please post the exact product you use? Brand and if possible.a.picture? I've had cystic acne on and off for years. Currently suffering with one and I'm so sick of this crap. If you could post the stuff you use it'd be greatly appreciated id go and buy it the second I see your post

MemberMember
(@chae1990)

Posted : 01/29/2015 2:28 pm

On 10/20/2014 at 6:46 AM, meraders said:

XE

On 5/23/2014 at 12:19 AM, Valerie44 said:

Could you please post the exact product you use? Brand and if possible.a.picture? I've had cystic acne on and off for years. Currently suffering with one and I'm so sick of this crap. If you could post the stuff you use it'd be greatly appreciated id go and buy it the second I see your post

Sorry for the late reply! Anyway, there are two different types that I use. One comes in orange packaging and is called "Smile's PRID" and it says it is an all natural drawing slave. I picked this up and wal mart but I've seen it on amazon as well. This one comes in a tin and is almost like a balm. It is less messy than the other kind and doesn't smell as bad.

The other kind is just straight Ichthammol Ointment 20% and the one I have is by Perrigo. This one is in a tube and smells exactly like motor oil and is extremely black and messy. However, it actually works a little better. PRID has ichthammol in it among other ingredients, so the ointment is just a little stronger. I also got this at wal mart. This is a really old ointment and also works fantastically on ingrown nails, whiteheads, splinters, etc.

Both work great and I use both of them just depending on my mood. Hope this helps and sorry its so late!

Here is the link for pictures on amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Hylands-Homeopathic-Smiles-Drawing-Salve/dp/B000GKN36W/

https://www.amazon.com/Perrigo-Ichthammol-Ointment-20%/dp/B005ZDD19Y/ <-- No idea why this is listed for so much just get it at any drugstore for less than 20

MemberMember
(@kennifer)

Posted : 06/01/2016 1:25 pm

@Valerie44@Chae1990I need to point out that black salve and drawing salve are NOT the same thing and should not be used interchangeably. Black salve is extremely corrosive and dangerous, and it isnotthe same thing as drawing salve. PRID is a safe, homeopathic balm. Black salve is designed to burn and destroy tissue. It's a fake melanoma cure that's put a lot of people in the hospital, and it really shouldn't be used by anyone.

PRID drawing salve can definitely be really helpful for pimples, it's safe to use, but please don't call it "black salve", because that's a completely different thing. PRID is a salve, and it is black-ish, but it scares me that someone might get it confused for something else. They get their hands on the wrong thing and cause serious and irreversible injury to themselves.

MemberMember
(@monroeqt)

Posted : 06/01/2016 9:37 pm

Does anyone know if Hyland's(the people who sell the Prid's drawing salve) tests on animals? Or of a brand that doesn't test on animals?