Notifications
Clear all

Tips To Help Maintain Scar/wrinkle Free Skin Long Term? (Obsessing)

MemberMember
(@clearskins)

Posted : 01/12/2014 3:07 pm

I am seriously becoming obsessed.

After my acne cleared up, I started working on my scars and now have very nice skin.

I smoked for 4 years and I'm terrified that I've damaged my skin because of it permenantly. I am now obsessed with having wrinkle free skin.

I still have very nice skin and people usually assume I'm years younger than I actually am.

Could the smoking I did make me age prematurely? (I have quit btw).

Any recommendations to help keep skin wrinkle free in the future?

I am only 24 so ofcourse I don't have wrinkles now, and notice that my nonsmoking friends have wrinkles around the eyes etc which I don't, my parents also have very good skin for their age so I assume my skin aging genetics aren't the worst, but I would really appreciate some advice on how to keep the skin healthy and young.

Appreciate the responses.

MemberMember
(@kalinka)

Posted : 01/12/2014 4:29 pm

Hey!

Chemical peels are meant to be good for fine line wrinkles... and I have heard that some believe certain things in glycolic acid (or lactic acid, I'm not sure) may stimulate collagen production.

You're probably fine now you've stopped smoking. I know a lot of smokers end up with that gaunt cheeks thing and lines around their mouth from the sucking motion, but that is long term smokers. If your parents' skin is good for their age most likely you'll be blessed with their good ageing genes too. I'm hoping I will be as well, my grandparents are in their 70s and they could pass for ten years younger!

MemberMember
(@clearskins)

Posted : 01/13/2014 12:24 am

Hey!

Chemical peels are meant to be good for fine line wrinkles... and I have heard that some believe certain things in glycolic acid (or lactic acid, I'm not sure) may stimulate collagen production.

You're probably fine now you've stopped smoking. I know a lot of smokers end up with that gaunt cheeks thing and lines around their mouth from the sucking motion, but that is long term smokers. If your parents' skin is good for their age most likely you'll be blessed with their good ageing genes too. I'm hoping I will be as well, my grandparents are in their 70s and they could pass for ten years younger!

Thanks for the response.

I have friends that have smoked for over 10 years and still don't have those lines around the mouth, I try to tell myself I've not don't any damage since I've stopped ! Keeps me sane 🙂

What kind of chemical peels? I always have the impression they're harsh on the skin, I should look into them.

I hope we both will be 🙂

MemberMember
(@kalinka)

Posted : 01/13/2014 8:52 am

There's places online you can buy your own kits, rather than paying for one session at a spa or something. If you wanted to use one, go for a light concentration first of course, like maybe 40% lactic acid. It stings when it's on your face but afterward there's no downtime (e.g. skin peeling). They're not too harsh as long as you start small and only leave it on your skin for a short time. After a while you'll notice you can leave it on longer and then you can move up to a stronger concentration if you feel you need to.

After treating with BP my skin was awful looking... like flaky and rough and almost looked like I'd burned myself in places. Thanks to these peels it's looking normal again, and younger 'cos my skin's soft and bright looking like baby skin.

Definitely give them a go if you think you'd like to! The company MUAC sells them at a good price.