Notifications
Clear all

Frustration

MemberMember
(@brandylad)

Posted : 01/12/2014 7:34 am

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WHY US?!?!

Incredibly frustrated with this acne.. feels like i've addressed all possible issues and nothing seems to work.. tried diets, supplements, exercise, hydration etc etc .. frustrating when you see posts and the poster has cured acne through one specific vitamin/nutrient and you try them and no change. Sometimes i just feel like eating what i want, drinking what i want and facing the fact i could have acne for the rest of my life! Motivation severely lacking!!

ahh feel better now that that mini rant is off my chest. Acne i will beat you one day !!

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 01/12/2014 9:43 am

yes it is a frustrating disease that mutates uniquely in each individual, there are some things that for a work for a good chunk of people, ie BP, but other tha con that, we are on our own...helpful to read here and share, but we are on our own

after accutane failed for me, and actually made things worse, I kept copious journals, recoded everything and luckily picked the right fog ods, for me dairy and gluten (oh yeah, really big triggers that are a pain in the butt but I found them)....I'm almost clear now but I've honed my crazy routine over a few years

it is hard work for sure, hang in there!!

MemberMember
(@brandylad)

Posted : 01/12/2014 10:13 am

yep! i've tried:

prescription antibiotics

prescription topicals

candida diet/leaky gut diet

gluten, dairy, sugar, yeast free diet

probiotics, zinc, magnesium, calcium, cod liver oil, total omegas, milk thistle, aloe vera, saw palmetto, multivitamins, cholestrol medication

In my eyes i've tried to treat acne through diet, through hormones, through skin treatment and none has worked.. the only thing i can possibly think of that's left is thyroid issues.. i suffer from alot of the symptoms such as muscle pain, ability to lose/gain weight easily, heat sensitivity, insomnia, palpitations.. dread to think where i am left if this is not the issue

MemberMember
(@scenicview)

Posted : 01/12/2014 8:32 pm

That short list of symptoms could well fit with those of histamine intolerance. And your skin condition might be rosacea, not acne ( it can't tolerate SA or BP). Some of your current foods are high in histamine ( tuna, spinach, egg white, possibly chicken skin). Alcohol, a histamine liberator, makes it worse. Similarly citrus fruit, such as the lemon you've recently started. Your brother has a confirmed diagnosis of gluten intolerance IIRC. Some see a link between gluten intolerance and histamine intolerance, myself included.

Here's a great article on histamine intolerance from a medical doctor, Dr Amy Myers, who has a strong interest in digestive health as the key to overall health.

[Removed]

And if a doctor said to me that acne has nothing to do with diet, I'd be looking to change doctors.

MemberMember
(@brandylad)

Posted : 01/13/2014 12:40 pm

interesting, strangely it seems the more restrictive my diet has become the worse my acne has become.. of course this could be down to the supplements but 5 months is a little bit too long to be 'purging'. All my brothers allergies cleared up simply through probiotics when he was a young child, it would make sense for both of us to have been born with some kind of allergies.. I developed hayfever during my teenage years

MemberMember
(@dscully)

Posted : 01/13/2014 3:19 pm

I had acne as a youngster that cleared up during college. I basked in a brief honeymoon period of a few years, and BOOM unstoppable acne from age 23-24. I had no idea what was happening to me, and it raged for months without stopping. I tried every topical. I tried so many supplements, and nothing worked. Then I got weird one day and decided to get my genes tested. Turns out there are Native Americans on both sides. Anyway, I decided to look up the traditional diets of both tribes and then retrofit them for 2013. Basically I ended up with a very "paleo"-looking diet that included A TON of freshwater fish, animal organs, small game (I use rabbits), and squash. The only grain that I can see either of them eating was corn, but I don't really eat it much because I want to avoid the insulin spikes grains give me. I don't drink cow's milk. If I don't feel like planning a meal I am always safe with salmon and a vegetable like broccoli, kale, or butternut squash. I will eat fish and squash until I die if my skin will keep looking this amazeballs. Bottom line, everyone has different genes, so there is no one-diet-fits-all cure. However, I find that avoiding grains, dairy, and sugar are definitely a step in the right direction. I've taken about year from when my second run of acne problems started to perfect and hone this diet. When I first started, I was still drinking tons of milk! aaaaack!

Also, you might try Epsom salts topically, as I have had great success using that to spot-treat breakouts and to keep my skin bright. I actually dilute it in distilled water with a little veg glycerin and put it in a small spray bottle and spray it on my face to refresh myself throughout the day. Plus I like taking baths and it makes me feel good generally. It's great for body acne, too!

MemberMember
(@brandylad)

Posted : 01/17/2014 11:41 am

Have decided to go back to topical treatment, hopefully a multi-pronged approach is what's required.

MemberMember
(@alfredodixz)

Posted : 01/22/2014 12:25 am

Have you tried vitamin D3?

I want to try this vitamin

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/23/2014 10:04 pm

I feel your pain

MemberMember
(@cabbages)

Posted : 05/24/2014 12:29 pm

eat raw organic white cabbage and apply cabbage face masks twice a day! done! your cured!! TRUST ME!!

to make the mask:

blend cabbage with Apple cider Vinegar 1tsp until it's mush, get cotton face pads soak them then apple to your face 20mins 2x a day. you can use the apple cider alone afterwards if you wish to lighten scars!! it's soundalike your at the end like I was until this actually worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 05/31/2014 1:15 pm

yep! i've tried:

prescription antibiotics

prescription topicals

candida diet/leaky gut diet

gluten, dairy, sugar, yeast free diet

probiotics, zinc, magnesium, calcium, cod liver oil, total omegas, milk thistle, aloe vera, saw palmetto, multivitamins, cholestrol medication

In my eyes i've tried to treat acne through diet, through hormones, through skin treatment and none has worked.. the only thing i can possibly think of that's left is thyroid issues.. i suffer from alot of the symptoms such as muscle pain, ability to lose/gain weight easily, heat sensitivity, insomnia, palpitations.. dread to think where i am left if this is not the issue

You sound like me. I've tried a ton -natural and not and guess what, yup, still chugging along the acne train. For me, i feel as if i have to accept the fact that i may have acne for life and live anyway. I still plan on being healthy and taking care of my body even though its not taking care of me (skin wise)