Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey, i have been on tane for 1 month....

i have the chapped lips

dry skin........

i just broke out really bad, is this the turning point?

and how long did it take for your red marks to go away

THANKS GUYS!!!!!! biggrin.gif

That breakout is probably the initial breakout and to help with them lips use like some aquafor and the red marks won't start fading till you stop getting acne but soon, patience is a virtue.

red marks take awhile depending on how deep the acne was. The turning point on accutane usually happends ATLEAST 4 months in.

the guys are right roaccutane takes a while i didnt have any side effcts that i could see,but you could put vasaline on your lips and that and well to be honest i saw slight improvement but when i had finished the course then it was great my skin for a good year was lovely,clear as anything,that is what pisses me off my skin looks so healthy it glows yet still spotty!

Use Aquaphor for your dry lips. You can pick it up at the local drugstore. It won't be located next to the normal lip balm areas. Look for tubs of Vaseline or hand creams.

My "initial breakout" didn't occur until around week four to week six. I think it took so long because I started off on a low dose (20 mg a day). During this time period, it was difficult for me to wash and/or moisturize my skin. It seemed like everything I did irritated the situation. Even still, during month two, I need to be careful. I use Cleocin-T occasionally to moisturize. Other than that, I am still concentrating on drying out my skin with Klaron.

In theory, the hyperpigmentation should fade after your skin becomes less and less irritated. Make-up has helped me out a lot although I don't wear it unless I am going out.

Good luck and keep us posted!