Not Eating, Skin Im...

Notifications
Clear all

Not Eating, Skin Improves

MemberMember
(@briancl)

Posted : 01/11/2014 9:26 pm

Hey all,

Kinda stumped by my skin condition. I always think it's acne, seborrheic dermatitis, demodex, malasezzia folliculitis. Tried all the medications and it never seems to go away. The only time it improves tremendously is when I was out with the flu for a few days. As a result, I wasn't able to eat and I noticed my skin improves all of a sudden. Does this happen to anyone else? It came back when I started eating again. I don't eat sugar, only protein, brown rice, and vegetables.

MemberMember
(@underneath32)

Posted : 01/12/2014 8:42 am

Firstly, have you had your skin condition looked at by a GP or practitioner? You have mentioned a few conditions that all have their own tolerances and triggers etc. I know it is a lengthy process, however if you keep a food journal in order to find your trigger you may have better luck; given your mentioned diet you may be able to find the culprit quite easily. Good Luck

MemberMember
(@jlcampi)

Posted : 01/12/2014 9:21 am

Hey all,

Kinda stumped by my skin condition. I always think it's acne, seborrheic dermatitis, demodex, malasezzia folliculitis. Tried all the medications and it never seems to go away. The only time it improves tremendously is when I was out with the flu for a few days. As a result, I wasn't able to eat and I noticed my skin improves all of a sudden. Does this happen to anyone else? It came back when I started eating again. I don't eat sugar, only protein, brown rice, and vegetables.

Acne is difficult to miss. If that's what you have, then it makes sense that not eating is helping. Acne is virtually always hormone related. It caused by elevated testosterone and secondarily insulin. When you stop eating, especially if you tend to carbs, insulin will drop along with your ability to produce fat. This can decrease sebum production and decrease acne.

MemberMember
(@alfredodixz)

Posted : 01/22/2014 12:32 am

I remember when I ldont eat anything for 4 days and my oily skin was reducted ia bit, its my experience....The fourth day I cant continue :(

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/23/2014 8:55 pm

More sleep.