Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ok,i've had acne for about 5 years and well its hard for me come come right out and say it but i know you all will understand. I have become just so frustrated with my acne. i'm 17 and when i was younger, it was worse i admit and i didn't seem to care, not its not as bad, mostly spots of old ones, and i find myself covering it up with make-up and avoiding any contact with people as possible.

I dono.....maybe if i didn't wear it i wouldn't get so many stares cause i know there like, "omg is that guy wearing make up?" when i hear things like this it kills me. its fucking kills me. I've been wearing it for bout a year now and yea it used to raise my confidence level but now, its just a task to hide from people even with the coverage.

the only reason i just so say fuck it and leave the house with no make-up is the fear of stares and whispers. exactly what i am getting now...I just dont know where to go from here. its already limited my contact with friends and has totally destroyed my social life. what else can it take from me? i just wish i was clear, or if not that, a person that didn't let acne get to them.

when i'm at home i even dot the active pimples with bp so that i cant see them. i am a good looking guy and try to get it in my head that this shit will pass but at this point i just dont know where to go...i try to excape with make up, but now that has even let me down. i long to be normal, not to have to spend time "fixing" my face before going out.

sorry for the depressed post...i'm just feeling down right now and needed to vent. thanks for reading.

Yep This too shall pass. YOu better put a smile or a grin on your face whenever you come out of the house. biggrin.gif. sometimes, pretending to be happy could lead you to being happy in reality biggrin.gif

I don't think there's any problem with a guy wearing make-up. But even as a girl I don't like to wear make-up if I could at all help it because it really wastes my time in the mornings and get me late. Moreover it seems to prolong the acne period.

And "sometimes, pretending to be happy could lead you to being happy in reality" is usually a very undirect effect when it applies to me at least. I'll feel like 'who'm I kidding?' and be disappointed if I expected a direct effect.

I'm a guy and I wear makeup too. Call me shallow, but I just care too much about appearance to go out with my bad skin showing. People dont usually notice.. but Im pretty open with it so I dont really care either way. I dont hang around with narrow minded immature people who would think it's "gay".. so wearing makeup isnt a problem.. sometimes I try to hide it from people but for the most part I just dont care.. I think looking ones best is important, regardless of gender. I'm also a major perfectionist.. so that has alot to do with it to. I like looking perfect.

I'm a guy and I wear makeup too. Call me shallow, but I just care too much about appearance to go out with my bad skin showing. People dont usually notice.. but Im pretty open with it so I dont really care either way. I dont hang around with narrow minded immature people who would think it's "gay".. so wearing makeup isnt a problem.. sometimes I try to hide it from people but for the most part I just dont care.. I think looking ones best is important, regardless of gender. I'm also a major perfectionist.. so that has alot to do with it to. I like looking perfect.

Maybe instead of wearing make up or while you're on make up, you try to continue the medication. If it's not acne that you're concealing, maybe red or dark spots, try apple cider vinegar twice a day, or any whitening agent like licorice. Lemon is good too. And take Ascorbic Acid 500-1000mg/day.

Ascorbic acid is a type of vitamin C.So, you can get it at any drug or health food store.I suggest a time released buffered Vitamin C, if you plan to supplement. GNC and Vitamin Shoppe both carry some good brands. I didn't think it helped my skin, but I do get a lot fewer colds.

Dont let it get you down, try not wearing the make up as much, and build up more confidence, I know its a hell of a lot harder to do, as I get really concious of when people get close some times.

it doesnt need to be an issue of 'will you be my freind even though I have acne', but more 'Im not going to be your freind if you cant accept my acne and thats your problem'

Also, what types of vinegar get rid of red marks/minor scarring?

Dont let it get you down, try not wearing the make up as much, and build up more confidence, I know its a hell of a lot harder to do, as I get really concious of when people get close some times.

it doesnt need to be an issue of 'will you be my freind even though I have acne', but more 'Im not going to be your freind if you cant accept my acne and thats your problem'

Also, what types of vinegar get rid of red marks/minor scarring?

check this, im 16.. about a year ago i decided to throw on some of my mom's makeup because she said i should cover up a few zits... i did it and i hooked up with a girl that very day not even trying... year down the road i still do fine and ive learned to pretty much cover myself to the point of not having red marks visible but still having it hardly noticable that i am wearing makeup.. yeah its a bitch and theres nothing wrong with being vain. The way you look often reflects how you feel and act, if i dont have on makeup i tend to be less outgoing... and yes i cover my pimples with bp just so i dont have to look at the mother fuckers.

my suggestion

stop wearing it, stop giving a damn (hard to do)

find a makeup that is CLOSE as possible to your skin color and apply it lightly just to the point that you look allright... or just use concealer on your zits/ major redspots.

another personal experiance, if anyone ever gives you shit about your makeup (there are those who go out of their ways to be dicks even when your makeup is hardly visible) DONT take their shit, im a passive person by trait but you only have to beat 1 dudes face in to halt this. Don't take shit from the jock kid that calls you gay because you wear makeup while he regularly grabs his buddies asses on the field, takes showers with them, and man gropes them every down. You have to defend yourself in such an instance... as the situation only elevates with pacifism.

check this, im 16.. about a year ago i decided to throw on some of my mom's makeup because she said i should cover up a few zits... i did it and i hooked up with a girl that very day not even trying... year down the road i still do fine and ive learned to pretty much cover myself to the point of not having red marks visible but still having it hardly noticable that i am wearing makeup.. yeah its a bitch and theres nothing wrong with being vain. The way you look often reflects how you feel and act, if i dont have on makeup i tend to be less outgoing... and yes i cover my pimples with bp just so i dont have to look at the mother fuckers.

my suggestion

stop wearing it, stop giving a damn (hard to do)

find a makeup that is CLOSE as possible to your skin color and apply it lightly just to the point that you look allright... or just use concealer on your zits/ major redspots.

Don't take shit from the jock kid that calls you gay because you wear makeup while he regularly grabs his buddies asses on the field, takes showers with them, and man gropes them every down. You have to defend yourself in such an instance... as the situation only elevates with pacifism.