Regimen-My Skin Is ...

Notifications
Clear all

Regimen-My Skin Is Super Oily!help

MemberMember
(@vanessakkk)

Posted : 01/10/2014 3:41 am

hi,i just started the Dan's regimen 2 days ago and i have a few problems.

1)The Acne.org moisturizer makes my skin really oily ,espically at night.I wake up with EXTREMELY OILY FACE .

Since I have very oily skin,I only use 1 pump twice a day but my skin is much oily than I was.

Before the regimen I used to use the 2pumps of Clinique Dramaically Different Moisturizing Gel and 2 drops Trilogy Rosehip oil in the morning and only Neostrata 15 AHA gel at night.These products never made my skin as oily as I am. :(

Do you have the same problem like me and how can I fix it? :-)

2)Also I know we shouldnt add any other products in the regimen beside jojoba oil and the AHA+,but can I add the rosehip oil and AHA gel instead of the jojoba oil and AHA+?

thank you !!!!

MemberMember
(@sarah-marie8769gmail-com)

Posted : 01/12/2014 6:15 pm

hi,i just started the Dan's regimen 2 days ago and i have a few problems.

1)The Acne.org moisturizer makes my skin really oily ,espically at night.I wake up with EXTREMELY OILY FACE .

Since I have very oily skin,I only use 1 pump twice a day but my skin is much oily than I was.

Before the regimen I used to use the 2pumps of Clinique Dramaically Different Moisturizing Gel and 2 drops Trilogy Rosehip oil in the morning and only Neostrata 15 AHA gel at night.These products never made my skin as oily as I am. 🙁

Do you have the same problem like me and how can I fix it? 🙂

2)Also I know we shouldnt add any other products in the regimen beside jojoba oil and the AHA+,but can I add the rosehip oil and AHA gel instead of the jojoba oil and AHA+?

thank you !!!!

I would follow Dan's instructions and wait until you've been on the regimen for at least 4 weeks before incorporating AHA into your routine. In the meantime I would try another moisturizer. Dan's products are wonderful but his moisturizer did not work for me, I felt oily and dry at the same time. I use Cerave PM facial moisturizing lotion and it's amazing. It's hydrating without being greasy and it doesn't break me out.

MemberMember
(@doddy46)

Posted : 03/04/2014 7:34 am

Tip: Your skin knows what it is doing, it is super oily for a reason. Maybe that reason is you're skin is dehydrated, I dont know. What i Do know is the more oil your skin produces, the smoother, and more protected it is. Also gently washing it without chemicals will remove the oil, and the dirt caught by the oil. Your skin will now make more oil, effectively cleaning out your pores, as it comes thru to the surface. WIthout oil production, you CAN NOT HOPE to keep your pores clean, it's impossible. You DO NOT WANT DRY SKIN, TERRIBLE.

Focus on health, good food, good mental thought (not thinking about acne or how you look all the damn time) healthy amounts of unprotected sun, good excersise. Dont do things that slow the healing process, such as smoking, or having more than 1 or 2 cups of coffee a day. Don't eat shit food, for the main reason that it fills you up, with fillers, that offer no health benefits, food is suppose to offer health benefits. What the fuck is the point of eating a can of Ravioli? You get nothing GOOD from it, just you are not hungry anymore. Oh you get energy, carbs sugars and salts (which you DO need, but no where near these quantities) And while your filling up on that shit, your not eating food that offers benefit, like fish, salads, nuts etc etc. You know whats good for you.

!!!!!DO NOT EVER TAKE ANTIBIOTICS FOR NON LIFE THREATENING SITUATIONS!!! These things are POISON and directly damage your Body, GAURANTEED, everytime, whether you realize it or not, they can and will. Food allergies, dry skin, digestive issues, you name it, it can happen. DONT TAKE THEM

MemberMember
(@brandolynn)

Posted : 03/04/2014 9:45 am

Oily skin tips: http://www.acne.org/faq.html#oily