Notifications
Clear all

Heitea Is Leaving Acne.org!

MemberMember
(@hitea)

Posted : 01/09/2014 10:44 pm

Hi guys,

I've decided tonight that it's time for me to leave. I've found something that works for me (beyaz and spiro)-- so continuously doing research and arguing online is not good for me or my soul. I become obsessed with looking up information and helping other people if they have questions regarding things I know about. It's fine in theory, but in reality, I feel like I'm losing a bit of my life to it. I'm leaving in three weeks to begin my Air Force career-- I need this time to focus on more important things.

I thank everyone at acne.org for their help in spreading such wonderful information, but I'm sad that there are people on this site that hurt others and give out false information as fact. It makes me stressed out, and stress only means one thing for me...acne and more picking.

Anyway, for those of you who helped me with my compulsive skin picking, I thank you. I also thank everyone for helping me find what actually makes my skin consistently clear... It has been life-changing to say the least. I'm almost to the point where being without makeup doesn't scare me to death.

Please keep the positivity alive on this site. Acne is such an emotional rollercoaster for people...stop being so cold and matter-of-fact with things. There are ways to convey information without hurting another person or making them feel stupid. Be nice. We are not robots, we are living, breathing souls that deserve each others' truest sympathies.

Good luck and clear skin to you all :)

-heitea

MemberMember
(@kalinka)

Posted : 01/09/2014 10:54 pm

Heitea, all the best with your new career and a happy marriage. It's wonderful that you've found your way to clear skin!

hitea liked
MemberMember
(@xdevochkax)

Posted : 01/10/2014 12:59 am

Please keep the positivity alive on this site. Acne is such an emotional rollercoaster for people...stop being so cold and matter-of-fact with things. There are ways to convey information without hurting another person or making them feel stupid. Be nice. We are not robots, we are living, breathing souls that deserve each others' truest sympathies.

^^Yes, that right there. You are absolutely right. While there is a lot of support towards one another on here, there is also the 180 of where someone will feel they know all the answers to the point of where it causes a thread of arguing. It's sad that some people register on here while being stuck in their beliefs, then push all of that onto others. So I think it's great you realized the best thing for you is to step away. You need to focus on you, and I wish you the best of luck! :)

hitea liked
MemberMember
(@lilly75)

Posted : 01/10/2014 4:20 am

Will miss seeing you around Heitea - you have been such a help to me in many cases before and I'm sure to others as well!!

Wishing you all the best smile.png

Edit - I remember you saying a while ago that you became engaged but it seems I missed the fact you got married! How exciting! Congratulations!! :D

hitea liked
MemberMember
(@maria199)

Posted : 01/10/2014 4:46 am

You're so right heitea! We will miss you.. I wish the best for you, good luck to your marriage, career and of course skin! Forgive me if i stressed you with that food talk we had, i was only mentioning some of those that i have read here..

MemberMember
(@danthenewworld)

Posted : 01/10/2014 4:59 am

such a shame that after all your research your solution is a bc pill. that's how girls here start their posts "back when on the pill my acne was clear, but now what?"

but i'm glad they're others like wishclean who're trying a more natural and safer alternative. good luck.. to all of us.

i may be violating your last paragraf here lol

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 01/10/2014 7:44 pm

Aww good luck with everything! I hope there will be another positive person on .org like you, otherwise you will have to come back or at least check in occasionally :)

@Dan: It doesn't matter how heitea cleared her skin, as long as she's comfortable and happy with her regimen & life.

MemberMember
(@somanyquestions)

Posted : 01/12/2014 9:40 pm

I can't help but feel you may be talking about me here, a bit. I think being matter of fact is the only fair way to approach the issues we face. We can't hide from what is our reality. That said my intention was never to be mean or to offend anyone. I'm very much a sympathetic person (I'm going through it!) to everyone here, which is perhaps why I might get a bit angry with them sometimes. I almost feel a sibling-like relationship with everyone here, since we're all going through the same bullshit that has massively affected or lives (or that we let affect our lives...but I do not think the way we let it affect our lives is voluntary). That's why I respond to people that way. While I disagree that we're just "arguing online" here, if you feel you have to get your head right for a very large life commitment, I say do what makes you feel most comfortable. If leaving makes you feel most comfortable, then by all means...

I think you've made quite good progress. I don't really think you need to be here, anyway. Still, your contributions were always valid and sound, and you were honest about your improvements and backed them up with evidence. For that I have to say you are a rare type of person on this board. One person I will actually remember. That's why I searched your name and found this thread. And that's why I feel it's unfortunate you've got to go. I suppose though as we get older there are bigger, grander, and more boring things to worry about. But I think you'll think about your time here every now and again. It's impossible to be in this the way you were and not even think about it sometimes. Sounds like a meaningful chapter to close. Good luck with your life. Do everyone around you a favor and just live it.

MemberMember
(@hitea)

Posted : 01/13/2014 11:54 am

Thanks everybody for being so sweet! Back really quick to reply to a couple of you:

You're so right heitea! We will miss you.. I wish the best for you, good luck to your marriage, career and of course skin! Forgive me if i stressed you with that food talk we had, i was only mentioning some of those that i have read here..

MemberMember
(@kokobear)

Posted : 01/14/2014 12:58 am

such a shame that after all your research your solution is a bc pill. that's how girls here start their posts "back when on the pill my acne was clear, but now what?"

but i'm glad they're others like wishclean who're trying a more natural and safer alternative. good luck.. to all of us.

Agreed. Birth control is dangerous and only marginally effective at treating acne in women and almost certain only temporary. Spironolactone is also very dangerous and can result in organ failure and heart problems in otherwise healthy young women. It is such a foolish decision to compromise your health and life for a purely cosmetic skin disease. Vanity kills.

MemberMember
(@monicalovesben)

Posted : 01/15/2014 1:46 am

Agreed. Birth control is dangerous and only marginally effective at treating acne in women and almost certain only temporary. Spironolactone is also very dangerous and can result in organ failure and heart problems in otherwise healthy young women. It is such a foolish decision to compromise your health and life for a purely cosmetic skin disease. Vanity kills.

You are completely wrong on so many levels. Acne goes much deeper than just a "purely cosmetic disease". If she likes her treatment, then so be it. Don't try talking her out of something that works for her. She obviously said that she's done arguing.

MemberMember
(@youknow1)

Posted : 01/15/2014 3:45 am

Goodbye Heitea, the hottest member of acne.org forums!

MemberMember
(@kokobear)

Posted : 01/16/2014 7:48 pm

You are completely wrong on so many levels. Acne goes much deeper than just a "purely cosmetic disease". If she likes her treatment, then so be it. Don't try talking her out of something that works for her. She obviously said that she's done arguing.

I'm sorry but Spiro is dangerous, when I was on it, it affected my heart rhythm and blood pressure which were entirely normal before. It's better to just treat your acne topically (granted it isn't cystic) you can also opt for lasers which will keep you clear up to 3-6 months.

MemberMember
(@somanyquestions)

Posted : 01/18/2014 7:28 pm

I'm sorry but Spiro is dangerous, when I was on it, it affected my heart rhythm and blood pressure which were entirely normal before. It's better to just treat your acne topically (granted it isn't cystic) you can also opt for lasers which will keep you clear up to 3-6 months.

The last half of that second sentence is incorrect. Please never say that to anyone ever again.

MemberMember
(@k3tchup)

Posted : 01/22/2014 4:04 am

Spiro is a BP medication, its class is antihypertensive so its going to affect BP by lowering it. It has a weak effect of lowering sodium levels through non re absorption of sodium while preserving potassium...also known as a potassium sparing diuretic. What this means for you is that you need to watch your daily consumption of potassium so that you do not have a higher serum level. Having to high of potassium can lead to cardiac arrest (in serious cases, although high or low potassium is always generally serious because it deals with heart muscle contraction). You might have been seeing early signs of elevated serum levels which can be scary.. ie palpiptations, increased heart rate.

But just because the medication works, but caused this problem* doesn't mean you go telling others that it is basically "the devil."

If anyone wishes to read about why this medication is used for acne then can view wiki about its antimineralcorticoid properties and how that relates to acne.

For others, ALWAYS read drug labels, side effects, precautions, indications, contraindications, and ASK questions. Stay informed about your health. Do not accept medication without really knowing what you are doing. And remember to take the medication as directed.

I see no problem with it. People fail to read and make the necessary changes (some dietary) that are needed when taking certain meds.

I will agree. A vacation for the very same reason is need for there is lots of arguing on many topics and subjects. Acne suffers become experts in this field and beginto understand their body or seek out knowledge, and experience to better understand their body to (hopefully) defeat acne. The problem is these ideas (which later become threads) inspired from past peoples' are not always like their predecessors. What i mean is there is great information on many of trials that have help many people. But also lots of false information spread just as much in an effort to help. Albeit, kind, but not really helping. And particularly frustration for folks like me. I just wish people would put as much energy into finding a cure or to help as they would into what they post in order to limit such ideas that "spiro is dangerous". Anything is dangerous really, but attention to detail can win over that danger...

So please. Take your vacation or your leave. It is needed as i agree having had rounds with those in the dietary habits forums with self proclaimed registered dietitians, or doctors. It happens. Good luck

MemberMember
(@insanitykitten)

Posted : 02/09/2014 2:50 am

I wish some people on the Forum would be a little more supportive and less argumentative, I think this is why some members are choosing to leave. What a shame.

MemberMember
(@maria199)

Posted : 03/02/2014 4:33 am

I wish some people on the Forum would be a little more supportive and less argumentative, I think this is why some members are choosing to leave. What a shame.

Who cares? Let them leave if they can't handle it.

I wonder what do you think the point of this forum is.