Notifications
Clear all

Extreme Oil!

MemberMember
(@ninjawizard)

Posted : 01/09/2014 8:12 pm

Need some help here guys, I have really bad oily skin. I've dealt with acne and have some light-moderate scarring, my acne itself has gone down but I have a few pimples here and there. My main problem is my oily skin tho, I feel like its a direct contribution to me getting these new pimples from time to time. It will literally get oily like 10-15 minutes after I wash my face and if you look closely you can see beads of oily pooling out of my pores (especially on my nose!). It's very frustrating since it makes me feel self-conscious when I interact with people at my workplace not to mention my scars =[. Is there any remedy or solution for my face? I want to try the caveman regimen but after 1 hour my face gets so damn oily like if I touch anywhere on my face with my fingers (Cheeks, Tzone, Chin, Nose you name it) there is a thin film of grease all over my finger, It's really frustrating for me because it only gets oiler as time goes by. Really desperate here guys ... Any suggestions will help.

MemberMember
(@jug)

Posted : 01/09/2014 9:01 pm

Milk of Magnesia will handle this pretty well. Apply a thin layer after moisturizing to combat the oil. What I do to remove oil daily is use tissue paper. Go to your dollar store and buy white tissue paper, should be like a dollar. You can cut them into sheets to keep in your pocket, and they do a really good job taking off the grease.

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 01/09/2014 9:18 pm

My skin used to be very similar. Eating a low fat low gi diet and taking vitamin C daily makes me so much less oily.

MemberMember
(@oilyacnequeen)

Posted : 01/15/2014 5:42 pm

My skin was the same degree of oiliness. I've been taking 1,000mg of vitamin C for years now out of habit from requiring it after lasik surgery a few years ago. I also eat very healthy and keep dairy to a minimum. My skin was still extremely oily despite those two factors. I'm on accutane right now so my skin barely produces oil, which is amazing, but more than likely the extreme oil will come back once I stop :(

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 01/15/2014 10:45 pm

My skin was the same degree of oiliness. I've been taking 1,000mg of vitamin C for years now out of habit from requiring it after lasik surgery a few years ago. I also eat very healthy and keep dairy to a minimum. My skin was still extremely oily despite those two factors. I'm on accutane right now so my skin barely produces oil, which is amazing, but more than likely the extreme oil will come back once I stop sad.png

What was your healthy diet like?

MemberMember
(@oilyacnequeen)

Posted : 01/16/2014 11:16 am

Low fat, low sugars, no junk food and fast food, avoid processed foods, lots of fruits and veggies, no red meat, barely any dairy (I hate milk anyway so no loss there). Perhaps my body chemistry/hormones are different and out of whack for other reasons.

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 01/18/2014 8:27 pm

Low fat, low sugars, no junk food and fast food, avoid processed foods, lots of fruits and veggies, no red meat, barely any dairy (I hate milk anyway so no loss there). Perhaps my body chemistry/hormones are different and out of whack for other reasons.

Hm this is interesting to me because my diet is similar to yours and the change in diet and taking vitamin C makes my oily skin so much better. I've heard some people have luck with juicing. Eventually I plan to start juicing when I have more money.

MemberMember
(@oilyacnequeen)

Posted : 01/19/2014 10:18 am

Hm this is interesting to me because my diet is similar to yours and the change in diet and taking vitamin C makes my oily skin so much better. I've heard some people have luck with juicing. Eventually I plan to start juicing when I have more money.

I guess you could also look at in the perspective that if I had an unhealthy diet, my face would be even more oily. My guess is that my hormones are out of whack and that is the primary issue.

MemberMember
(@johnd4)

Posted : 01/20/2014 5:33 am

Ok, if you have oily skin, i recommend using a bar of Sulfur soap its cheap at walgreens, target or amazon. Then You could try Gunilla of Sweden Clay mask, you can get a free trial, its for oily skin. And finally, buy some Panthenic Acid pills (which is vitamin b5 or something), I get like 250 on Amazon, brand: NOW. You could take one a day, or if you really want to see results take more, twice or even more, it doesnt matter. It has really helped me with oily skin, especially on my T-zone. good luck.

MemberMember
(@ninjawizard)

Posted : 01/28/2014 2:00 pm

Milk of magnesia only seems to keep me non oily for a hour =/

MemberMember
(@vermilion)

Posted : 02/02/2014 1:45 am

ive tried that vitamin b12 or w/e a while back and it didnt work. now im trying the vitamin d3 b/c i dont get much sun as is. however, im as lost as you, so i simply use blotting pads in the mean time while i try and find out what will work.

MemberMember
(@danthenewworld)

Posted : 02/02/2014 2:38 am

i too was oily, but not anymore for 3months now. saw palmetto helped a lot with this. also taking vit A dries the skin a lot.

but less oilly skin doesn't seem to reduce acne much. (i mean non-inflamatory whiteheads, cysts i don't know, i'm healthy i don't get those much)