Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
whtx

What do you do about chapped lips?

im on my 2nd week of accutane and the lips peeling like crazy. So far im on regular old chapstick but i think i need to get something stronger.

Hey buddy

Regular chapsticks are really crap.. haha.. they just won't worth. The same can be said for blistex.. that won't do you any good.

If you can, try to buy Vitamin E oil from the chemist (its thick), and apply that at night times.

During the day, use CARMEX http://www.carma-labs.com/

I knew it says for 'cold sores', but it came in my accutane pack and i don't think i'll ever go to anything else..

CARMEX.. it'll save ur life!

There's this 'aqua' something that ppl talk about on the forums, but i live in australia and carmex is the best i've found

happy hunting

Yes, I use aquafor and it rules, but you have to take the bottle with you everywhere u go and it's a lil big but it works great and it leaves your lips looking glossy If you dont like that you can use carmex I don't know if that one leaves your lips looking shiny but it's smaller and can carry it better and I'm everyone on here who uses it loves it and really likes it.

I have been finished with my Accutane treatment for over a year now. I've never heard of aquafor, but I know for a fact that CARMEX IS A LIFE-SAVER! My skin got extremely dry to the point of eczema pretty much. If anyone is having major skin irritations because of Accutane, find a lotion with the ingredient "urea." It worked for me.

For the first few weeks I used Carmex then read the posts and decided to try Aquaphor. Aquaphor works better than anything else. Throw away all your other lip balms and accept Aquaphor into your life. You won't regret it.