Help With The Regim...

Notifications
Clear all

Help With The Regimen! Please

MemberMember
(@smichelle)

Posted : 01/09/2014 1:38 pm

Hey guys...

So I've been on the regimen since Sunday night, and I still haven't seen a change in my skin at all!! I have VERY oily skin, almost 100% sure because of my birth control so I've recently switched, and a lot of closed comedones(clogged pores) and a few cystic pimples too.

I am using spectro acnecare vanishing lotion for sensitive skin and it has the following ingredients;

Benzoyl Peroxide Lotion (2.5%), Other: Acrylates Copolymer, Carbomer 940, Citric Acid, Diazolidinyl Urea, Dimethicone, Dioctyl Sodium Sulfosuccinate, Disodium EDTA, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Silica, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Hydroxide, Water, Xanthan Gum

It's very similiar to "Neutrogena on the spot" which Dan recommends as an alternative for his BP. I live in Canada and theres really not many options for 2.5 BP- I looked at Benzagel as well but it has alcohol and is 5%.

and as a moisturizer I'm using;

Natures Aid ; Xanthan gum, NataPres, Vitamin E, Witch Hazel, Tea Tree Oil, Aloe Vera, Rosemary.

Theres not really any pore clogging ingredients in any of these..so can you guys give me some advice? How long did it take to notice a difference?

And has anyone used this BP with success?

I haven't experienced any less oil, any peeling...and definitely no change in blemishes, if anything it seems as though there's more :(

Please help!

MemberMember
(@sato20)

Posted : 01/09/2014 2:12 pm

I cant speak to those products since ive never used them but one thing I can tell you is that it def takes time with this regimen, you prob wont see a change for a few weeks and full effects to take place after a few months. It also can get worse before it gets better, im on my 3rd month and the dryness/redness is my biggest issue but i do still see occasional pimples.

MemberMember
(@essex11)

Posted : 01/09/2014 4:21 pm

You've been the regimen for less than a week. Gotta give it time, I know its hard but trust me but gotta try it for a few months. Thats what I keep telling myself I use Dans BP, from the UK so theres not many more options.

MemberMember
(@juicy-c)

Posted : 01/09/2014 9:12 pm

Didnt clear up until 3 mo. U have to have patience! I broke out like never before the entire time until then. But trust me its worth it