Notifications
Clear all

Lactic Acid Peel 40% Application

MemberMember
(@sadcozofscars)

Posted : 01/08/2014 11:07 pm

Hi folks, my lactic acid arrived today. It will be my first time to use it. I'm reading the instruction and I'm confused as to why I need to use baking soda. The instruction says to to put 1/4 cup of baking soda into a sink full of cold water then splash skin repeatedly. What does splash mean here in this context? Does it mean "wash"?

Also, do I use it daily?

Thanks,

Ron

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 01/09/2014 1:11 am

WHOA WHOA WHOA. Slow down mister. Use google: https://www.google.com/#q=how+to+use+lactic+acid

MemberMember
(@hitea)

Posted : 01/09/2014 3:07 pm

Splash your face repeatedly. And when you think you're done, keep splashing. And also google it, yes.

Don't use lactic acid daily. NO. Just use it every weekend or so. Also, only put it on for 1 minute on the first use and don't forget to do a test spot near your ear!
Please google this before you do anything, though. There is a lot of great advice out there! This guy does a great explanation and demonstration: At Home Chemical Peel-Lactic Acid.

Anyway, baking soda neutalizes the acid so that it doesn't keep working on your skin after you use it (you may end up burnt if you don't neutralize it!).

MemberMember
(@sadcozofscars)

Posted : 01/09/2014 7:03 pm

Thank you heitea. I used it last night on my neck near chin and didn't have any skin reaction. I'm tempted to use it tonight :) although I just used dermaroller last night.

hitea liked
MemberMember
(@sadcozofscars)

Posted : 01/09/2014 9:10 pm

Thank you too Robertitoo!

MemberMember
(@hitea)

Posted : 01/09/2014 10:21 pm

Thank you heitea. I used it last night on my neck near chin and didn't have any skin reaction. I'm tempted to use it tonight smile.png although I just used dermaroller last night.

You'll probably be fine, but I'd wait another 24 hours just in case. Lactic acid is a pretty mild peel that's quite calming. :D

MemberMember
(@sadcozofscars)

Posted : 01/10/2014 12:08 am

Thank you heitea. I used it last night on my neck near chin and didn't have any skin reaction. I'm tempted to use it tonight smile.png although I just used dermaroller last night.

You'll probably be fine, but I'd wait another 24 hours just in case. Lactic acid is a pretty mild peel that's quite calming. biggrin.png

Will wait then to make sure. Have a great evening! :)