Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kinso89

Minocycline For Body Acne

Has anyone had any success with minocycline for body acne I'm grateful I don't have facial acne (touch wood) but I break out on my neck and big boils on my back and chest and I'm 26 years old so I don't think it's hormonal I eat healthy and drink 5 litres of water a day and still break out so annoying?

I used this and i did see some mild improvement on my shoulders, i only took it for 6 months though. It cleared my face up though. It took me a while to see results, id say about 3 months. I didnt purge either, so it was good.

I was told not to take it any longer as the doctors didnt want me becoming immune to it as i have allergies to other antiobiotics

good luck

Damn 3 months I'm hoping it will work sooner than that I've read reviews of a lot of people clearing in 2 weeks but I suppose it's different from person to person. What do you mean by purge?

I am taking this (Solodyn) for my face, so I am also interested to see how quickly this works! For reference, my body weight is 155 lbs and I have a dose of 115 mg.