Notifications
Clear all

How Long Does It Take For Closed Comedones To Go?

MemberMember
(@pilotphase)

Posted : 01/07/2014 6:35 am

So my clsoed comedones literally appeared over night, they have pretty much spread from my chin to both sides of my jaw and cheeks.

In certain lights it looks horrendous like tiny hard dots all over my face. I have just started tetrasyl and epiduo.

I also started using Mario Badesco Glycolic Toner

Is there any other advice anyone can give, and how long can it take to disappear?

I dont understand how overnight this could have happened, I always had mild acne but this now past the point of moderate.

MemberMember
(@bonsai77)

Posted : 01/07/2014 7:07 am

These can be quite stubborn, but you are on the right track with glycolic acid as you need to exfoliate.

MemberMember
(@pilotphase)

Posted : 01/07/2014 12:51 pm

How is it possible for it to appear over night though? Its so annoying and I don't understand why this has happened.

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 01/07/2014 12:59 pm

I got the same thing you described. Appeared overnight, seemed to spread across my face, many little bumps. I also had it on my forehead, but I believe that is less related, as the forehead stuff disappeared when I did the SCD diet while the cheek stuff remained.

There are a couple potential causes. One could be a reaction to medications or other topicals that you have recently started using (within the last week). If you think this might be the case, stop those medications immediately, and they should eventually go away. If you do not think this is the case, then your problem becomes more complicated, and likely involves a combined internal/external approach (I would suggest strict paleo diet and a retinoid).

The retinoid helped mine quite a bit, and so did the diet.

MemberMember
(@pilotphase)

Posted : 01/07/2014 1:16 pm

Well It started after i used this facewash by PoreMedical and Aloe Vera Wash.

I have stopped using both, however the hard pores are still spreading. I have many on my chin now and this weird lumpy rash thing on both my cheeks

This is what it looks like-

post-368074-0-22526500-1389118572.jpg

post-368074-0-22526500-1389118572.jpg

MemberMember
(@bonsai77)

Posted : 01/08/2014 2:35 pm

A retinoid is good. Differin worked for me as it exfoliates skin.

keep your skin moisturised as this keeps skin supple and dry skin can clog pores. does your face feel hydrated or rough? Make sure its a moisturiser which wont clog pores, like avene is meant to be good i believe??

Steaming can sometimes help, but make sure its not too hot and not too close. Its opens the pores, then use a cold washcloth to close them.

Here is good info http://www.skinacea.com/how-to/clear-clogged-pores.html#.Us2oMvRdXnE

including a list of ingrediants which may clog pores

MemberMember
(@pilotphase)

Posted : 01/08/2014 4:15 pm

My skin feels extremely rough, like sandpaper.

I started using EpiDuo and this is whats happened after that in 4 days.

MemberMember
(@bonsai77)

Posted : 01/08/2014 5:14 pm

After trying a product sometimes your skin can purge, i cant say for sure what caused these. So sorry

MemberMember
(@pilotphase)

Posted : 01/08/2014 5:52 pm

Ive stopped using epiduo on my cheeks, this purge looks horrible. Will start again when I dont have school/ be anywhere!

MemberMember
(@katie789)

Posted : 01/14/2014 2:00 pm

I have the same thing you have, except it is concentrated on my chin (mostly on the sides). I have struggled with these closed comedones for over a year.

Two things I have found to help:

1) Paula's Choice BHA and AHA

I use the 2% BHA gel and 8% AHA gel together every morning. These help with blackheads and closed comedones. The BHA is oil-soluble, and able to penetrate the pore and dissolve the gunk. The AHA gets rid of dead skin cells on the surface, so they do not clog pores. These also make my skin look smooth and glowy. However, in my experience, alone these products are not enough for your comedones - you will probably need a prescription cream additionally to get rid of them.

2) Retinoid cream

You can get an OTC retinoid cream - search "Green Cream," but personally, my skin needs a stronger prescription retinoid.

"Retinoids aid in the normalization of hyperkeratinization, which means they help your skin slough off (or desquamate) dead skin cells at a more normal rate so the dead skin cells don't bind together and clog your pores." - quote from skinacea, http://www.skinacea.com/retinoids/what-are-retinoids.html#.UtWIjP29-PE

I was on Retin A Micro for 5 years, which helped with my clogged pores at first, but I developed closed comedones while using it four year later. I needed a stronger retinoid, so my deem switched me to Tazorac (it is my second week on it, and I already see results).

Good luck!! Let me know if you have a questions, as I am going through the same thing!

MemberMember
(@pilotphase)

Posted : 01/17/2014 3:39 pm

So i started using epiduo just on my forehead, it seems to be clearing the acne there quite well.

On my cheeks i apply the smallest amount, not seeing any difference yet.

I have ordered Paulas choice BHA 2% gel. I am hoping this starts to clear soon. It looks horrible in certain lights.

MemberMember
(@woanchii0512)

Posted : 01/22/2014 9:12 am

My skin is exactly like yours

MemberMember
(@pilotphase)

Posted : 01/22/2014 7:58 pm

My skin is exactly like yours

Yup i hate it, what can we do?

It looks fine in some lights, but in others it looks like i have serious acne 🙁

MemberMember
(@mindall123)

Posted : 07/20/2014 8:30 pm

I know this is a few months old but my face looks exactly like your picture. Just wondering if you found anything that worked for you?

MemberMember
(@ummmok)

Posted : 07/23/2014 7:43 pm

I get lots of those on my chin and they usually turn into pus filled pimples that leave red marks (sometimes little scars too). Lacsal (This lotion that has salicylic acid and lactic acid) helped cause them to surface. I am using tazorac now though in hopes of it getting rid of the rest.

MemberMember
(@cmarie)

Posted : 08/07/2014 5:02 pm

Did u get rid of these? ?