Notifications
Clear all

Hi Guys, I'm New Here.. What's This Permanent Cysts On My Jawline That I've Had For Almost 2 Years? Please Help!

MemberMember
(@koons0789)

Posted : 01/06/2014 5:22 pm

2 years ago, I've had facial procedures done on my face every month. I had this one stubborn cyst on my jawline, which was taken out by the lady. Months later, it came back and it brought a friend. Ever since then, these cysts never went away. They always fluctuate in size, sometimes big sometimes flat, but it's persistent. It depends on my stress level, or the amount of sleep I get. I'm taking accutane right now for my acne. It's helped eliminate blackheads which I've had for the past 10 years, and it's miraculously disappeared after taking Accutane. However my acne became much worse, my left and right cheeks never really had that much pimples before, but now i have like 6-7 on each side.. cystic ones too ..So i'm not really sure how this accutane is gonna work..

The thing that bothers me is these cysts on my jawline (right side). I'm on my 4th month (98th day to be precise) and I see 0 improvement on the jawline cyst. If anything, accutane makes it bumpy.

Please give me some kind of insight guys.. Would really appreciate it..

MemberMember
(@madeleine24)

Posted : 01/07/2014 12:27 am

Have you seen a dermatologist, get a steroid shot.

MemberMember
(@koons0789)

Posted : 01/07/2014 9:51 am

Have you seen a dermatologist, get a steroid shot.

Of course I have seen a derm, I have to see my derm every month for the accutane treatment! haha

she keeps offering me that but I'm notsure if I wanna take it, cause I browsed around google and have read some peoples experiencs that are similar to mine, they say it always comes back and sometimes even leaves a mark when they get those cortisone shots..

MemberMember
(@madeleine24)

Posted : 01/08/2014 1:29 am

but the cyst will leave a mark regardless, the longer you leave it there the worse it may become.Try the shot..Surely your derm can give you some topicals to help with pigmentation like glycolic acid.

I know accutane can make acne worse before it gets better. 4 months is a long time. Are you also on hormonal birth control pill?

MemberMember
(@koons0789)

Posted : 01/08/2014 8:09 pm

but the cyst will leave a mark regardless, the longer you leave it there the worse it may become.Try the shot..Surely your derm can give you some topicals to help with pigmentation like glycolic acid.

I know accutane can make acne worse before it gets better. 4 months is a long time. Are you also on hormonal birth control pill?

I'm a guy lol :P

well not really, most ppl take accutane for 6-12 months, depending on the severity of their acne.

Im just getting discouraged right now. I hope im not one of those hopeless cases

MemberMember
(@madeleine24)

Posted : 01/09/2014 6:44 am

sorry lol then definitely don't take the birth control pill :)

Persevere with the accutane, did the derm say it takes a long time? Have you tried hot compresses for the cyst?

MemberMember
(@koons0789)

Posted : 01/12/2014 5:26 pm

sorry lol then definitely don't take the birth control pill :)

Persevere with the accutane, did the derm say it takes a long time? Have you tried hot compresses for the cyst?

I gave up on any attempt to make it go away. Ive had them for two years now. Accutane made one come to surface and it popped, but it's come back again. But that was in the beginning of the treatment. Now i have 3 on my jawline

What are hot compresses? How do i do it?

How much are cortisone shots anyways? My insurace doesnt cover cosmetics. It covers accutane but not my appointments and stuff lol

MemberMember
(@koons0789)

Posted : 01/15/2014 8:06 am

Bump

MemberMember
(@kamiller1972)

Posted : 01/15/2014 2:49 pm

I would say get the shot as well. If your derm is a good one, they won't screw it up. I've had a face full of cysts (literally five or six quarter sized cysts all at one time), and the only thing that got rid of them was the shots. Anytime after that, whenever I got a cyst, I got the shot. And by the next day, the cyst was practically gone.

MemberMember
(@koons0789)

Posted : 01/16/2014 1:35 am

I would say get the shot as well. If your derm is a good one, they won't screw it up. I've had a face full of cysts (literally five or six quarter sized cysts all at one time), and the only thing that got rid of them was the shots. Anytime after that, whenever I got a cyst, I got the shot. And by the next day, the cyst was practically gone.

That sounds awesome!

Do u think it'll work on this 2 yr old cyst? It never comes to a head anymore.

And how come ive heard of numerous stories online where ppl got cortisone shots but the cysts still come back? Then their last resort would be the surgery (incision i believe?)

I still have 2 more months for accutane. Should i wait it out? And btw how much does it cost per shot?

MemberMember
(@kamiller1972)

Posted : 01/16/2014 8:51 am

That sounds awesome!

And how come ive heard of numerous stories online where ppl got cortisone shots but the cysts still come back? Then their last resort would be the surgery (incision i believe?)

I still have 2 more months for accutane. Should i wait it out? And btw how much does it cost per shot?

I can remember that my last visit with a derm (about 5 years ago) wasn't all that much...I think the total for the visit and the shot was $80.00. That was in Wyoming though, so I'm not sure it would be the same else where.

I think it would work on a 2 year-old cyst. My cysts would of NEVER gone away without the shots (or surgery, if the shots didn't take care of them). But the shots worked wonders and practically worked over night. Of course, everyone is different, but I'm hoping the shot would do the same for you. I know how frustrating those cysts can be! BTW, my cysts never came back after the shots.

Oh! I almost forgot your last question: I was put on Accutane shortly after the shots, so you can either wait it out, or do the shots while on Accutane. That's just my opinion and my experience. I would definitely talk to your derm about all the meds you're on and possible drug interactions.

MemberMember
(@koons0789)

Posted : 01/18/2014 4:05 am

That sounds awesome!

I can remember that my last visit with a derm (about 5 years ago) wasn't all that much...I think the total for the visit and the shot was $80.00. That was in Wyoming though, so I'm not sure it would be the same else where.

I think it would work on a 2 year-old cyst. My cysts would of NEVER gone away without the shots (or surgery, if the shots didn't take care of them). But the shots worked wonders and practically worked over night. Of course, everyone is different, but I'm hoping the shot would do the same for you. I know how frustrating those cysts can be! BTW, my cysts never came back after the shots.

Oh! I almost forgot your last question: I was put on Accutane shortly after the shots, so you can either wait it out, or do the shots while on Accutane. That's just my opinion and my experience. I would definitely talk to your derm about all the meds you're on and possible drug interactions.

Ure awesome thanks so much for the long detailed reply!

Last question! Does it hurt when they inject it to ur cyst!? Lol i hate needles

MemberMember
(@kamiller1972)

Posted : 01/23/2014 11:59 am

That sounds awesome!

Depends on where the cyst is. If it's on your jawline, I wouldn't think that it would hurt that bad. The ones on my cheeks didn't hurt that bad. However, the ones by my eye and close to my nose were pretty painful. But, I don't mind needles either, so I'm not sure if your experience will be the same, lol!

MemberMember
(@koons0789)

Posted : 01/24/2014 5:51 pm

That sounds awesome!

Depends on where the cyst is. If it's on your jawline, I wouldn't think that it would hurt that bad. The ones on my cheeks didn't hurt that bad. However, the ones by my eye and close to my nose were pretty painful. But, I don't mind needles either, so I'm not sure if your experience will be the same, lol!

I see! well im seeing my dermatologist in a week, so I'll let you know how it goes!

This is how my cysts look like btw :

1743413_10152539632092166_536539811_n.jp

Ugh hope the shot will do the trick. Actually this one is new. I got it when I got on accutane. The 2 cysts I talked about before are flat now, but still there.