Notifications
Clear all

My Last Post Here.

MemberMember
(@jakeboarding)

Posted : 01/06/2014 4:09 pm

Okay, I've been on the forums for a really long times, and it's time I discuss my opinion. Now, should you choose to agree with it or not, is on your own terms. AS you may know, I'm a 16 year old boy. ( Yeah, what do they know, they're just kids.) Anyways, I've had some moderate temple scarring, and have been called out on it. It makes me cry to see people on these forums perform facial surgery and it turns out to mess up or make scars larger. If you guys look at stars like brad pitt, you don't see him complaining about acne scars. Now, I don't mean to attack anyone, but I'm just telling my story. Last year, when I still had acne, I remember some girls would still approach me. After my acne disappeared, I noticed scarring, ice pick, boxcar, the works! Anyways, as time went by, I felt sad that scars would be on my face forever, but I realized that I only noticed peoples scarring when I actually had scarring! I know how terrible it feels and the pain we've all gone through, but by the end of the day, you do realize that life is about you, and how you grow and progress. You have most likely removed all your acne, but your scar remains, like a carving on a tree. You can either stay small and stop progressing, or you can grow, and make the scar less than you when you're bigger. I know that I probably sound stupid for this, but this is more like a first world problem. It's too vain of others to want to become perfect, because opinions of others will vary! I hope that you all will grow and that this acne scarring, will not cease your growing thereafter. You can all do much better than this, it's like a bad breakup. You need to move on. I will be on for this week, and this week only to answer any questions. Thank you. :) <3

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 01/06/2014 5:19 pm

so what was the purpose of this topic again lol

MemberMember
(@ricex)

Posted : 01/06/2014 7:22 pm

Uhhhh there are already tons of information on this forum that people can find a possible solution to their acne problem. I recommend you post your acne photos up here and see if we can help you with it to go to the right direction. Oh and your profile says you joined on December 29 of 2013......

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 01/06/2014 11:13 pm

Hi, im happy for you :) im glad you are a strong person and that acne isnt hindering your life.

Although i think this post doesnt belong to the scar treatment forum. I think it should be moved to the emotional and psychological forum.

Anyways, good luck :)

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 01/09/2014 5:11 pm

Uh yeah.... Scarring and how people deal with it all have to do with the degree / severity of the condition. Trust me, if my scarring was minor, I would not be wasting time here researching. I'm glad you've made peace with your situation, but by your own admission your condition is moderate. I agree that some people on here have minor scarring, and still pursue procedures that hold a lot of risk. For others though, their scarring is severe and would be hard to escape notice by other people. Personally, I chose to pursue treatment because my scars are severe, and I was frankly constantly reminded by others how bad they were through the way they'd react / treat me. I was tired of the stares, comments, and whispers. I'm sure you'd feel differently if your scars are severe enough that complete strangers comment on your face. That's how insensitive and cruel people can be. Being 16, you have no idea how severe acne scars can hamper you in the professional working world. But I understand your naivete.

MemberMember
(@dudleydoright)

Posted : 01/11/2014 3:05 pm

OP, I don't know exactly what you are trying to say. People on this forum are here because they do not want to accept their condition.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 01/11/2014 3:46 pm

First, I respect OP's opinion. I too feel that you must learn to love yourself before embarking on any meaningful treatment. Otherwise, we're no different from those attention whores whose appetite for face lift is limitless.

With that said, I don't see why some people even worry over their miniscule potholes. Man, those are nothing in comparison to the craters we Scarfaces are condemned to. They really need to get over themselves. It's practically laughable (in a good spirit nonetheless).

MemberMember
(@luckydory)

Posted : 01/11/2014 3:58 pm

I have minimal scarring and do admit that I obsess over it and do have it better than others with very deep craters and expansive damage done to large areas. I only have three in total but still feel like they take away from my overall appearance. They might not to other people but the fact that I know there are procedures out there that can be done to improve these spots is enough for me pursue them. As much as I would like to not think about it when I look in a mirror I do and cannot ignore that feeling. I contribute my OCD largely to this conflict I am in, if I did not have it i can safely say that I would not care much about my few spots. OCD and acne do not mix at all by the way neutral.gif

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 01/12/2014 10:10 pm

LuckDory, I'm glad that you acknowledge that objectively speaking your scarring is minimal. At least this demonstrates that you are being realistic and have a firm grasp on reality vs blowing things out of proportion. There is A LOT of that on this board, and frankly it's the nature of these kinds of forums to attract people who have a distorted view of reality.

On the other side of the coin, there are those here who truly have significant, disfiguring scarring. These people often are the most realistic ones on this forum, because they understand that they cannot achieve perfection, and have modest goals of softening their scarring and making themselves more socially acceptable. It's true that most people don't notice acne scarring, or at least visibly react to it, UNLESS it is significant. When it is prominent, it's like any other kind of disfigurement, whether it be a cleft palate or burn scars, there's no way to NOT notice it. The range of reactions varies from going out of their way to ignore you, uncomfortable lingering stares, or outright rude comments. This is something only someone with prominent scarring can truly truly appreciate.

I understand the sentiment from the OP is sincere and meant to help, but honestly that's not how the world works. People do notice, they do talk, and you are treated differently.

MemberMember
(@kb2000)

Posted : 01/14/2014 8:39 am

I do agree with the original post, that there are some folks who visit the forum here with questions about very minimal scarring, or skin that is basically normal. And I agree that some of those people should indeed "move on" with their lives, and turn their attention in another direction.