Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kel

how far does your diet go

im interested in how much people are cutting out? when you say sugar,do you mean the obvious,chocs,cakes,ext,or any thing containing sugar,ready meals soups,ext.

I drink diet soda, not a lot of milk, I don't drink the milk in the cereal bowl anymore.

Try cutting out a lot of liquids that have sugar, and don't drink anything ten minutes before you eat or for an hour after, it helps with the digestive system.

Guest Captain Chaos

I also cut out white bread and eat wholegrain stuff instead.

I think if I was to totally stop sugar I would cut out everything that contained sugar, white pasta, cereal, etc etc..

For me I found that peanut butter causes me to break out. I completely cut that from my diet. I can still eat regular unsalted nuts and seeds without breaking out though biggrin.gif

I do eat sweets (i.e. cookies and cakes) every once in a while and on special occasions. Those small times don't seem to cause any noticeable breakouts.

well its only a few days but i have stopped eating sugar and dairy and my lod spots are clearing nad no new ones have appeared,so i no its early to tell but im gonna do it for four weeks and then see what happens if it goes,ill reintroduce the sugar or the dairy and ee if its one or both,i made this desision after much research into acne and a book i read by patrick halford called 'solve your skin problems,mainly touches on dairy and sugar and its effects on hormones,so i thought what the heck? it may be crap,but i have nothing to lose by trying for 4 weeks as he suggests.

CHEESE makes me break out like crazy, so I avoid it. Good thing I'm not one of those cheese lovers!

it's the iodine in dairy (milk and cheese) and in soy products (which peanut butter usu. has) that contributes to acne