Notifications
Clear all

Any Advice For Whey Protein While On Accuane?

MemberMember
(@missanta)

Posted : 01/05/2014 10:44 am

Hi everyone,

I just started a 6-8 month course of accutane and I am on day 5 right now. I am an active person and I lift weights so I need protein on a daily basis. cheer.gif

I just purchased the PhD Body Scultp range, Diet whey and I was wondering if anyone knows if it is okay to drink whey protein while being on accutane . The ingredients are: whey protein concentrate (27%), milk protein concentrate (26% of which 56% is micellar casein), soya protein isolate, cocoa powder, waxy barley starch, golden brown flaxseed powder, thickeners (acacia, gum, guar gum, xanthan gum), flavouring, CLA powder (contains milk protein, lecithin, vitamin E), acetyl l-carnitine, green tea extract, sodium chloride, sweetener (sucralose).

Thank you

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 01/05/2014 11:10 am

i have drank 60g of whey protein everyday on both my courses. Doesnt affect accutane at all. Its just a food supplement, I wouldnt worry about that at all.

MemberMember
(@brandylad)

Posted : 01/05/2014 11:51 am

iso 100 by dymatize has the gluten and lactose removed.. however it is alot more expensive than most brands for this reason

MemberMember
(@missanta)

Posted : 01/06/2014 1:19 pm

Thank you CWR24 and brandylad! :)

MemberMember
(@brandylad)

Posted : 01/06/2014 1:52 pm

no problems, i have just started the iso100.. highly recommended on taste! :)

MemberMember
(@missanta)

Posted : 01/06/2014 6:26 pm

no problems, i have just started the iso100.. highly recommended on taste! smile.png

i've heard it before but never tried it! will be my next one for sure! :)

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 01/06/2014 7:45 pm

I don't see how it has anything to do with accutane.

MemberMember
(@missanta)

Posted : 01/07/2014 3:18 am

Hello! I was told that some vitamins and some specific ingredients are not good to be taken with accutane. I didn't thought that whey protein has to do with accutane either but it's better to be 100% sure just in case :)

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 01/07/2014 11:09 am

Hello! I was told that some vitamins and some specific ingredients are not good to be taken with accutane. I didn't thought that whey protein has to do with accutane either but it's better to be 100% sure just in case smile.png

You are taking a dangerous dose of a form of Vitamin A. You should be worried about anything else with vitamin A. And you only get vitamin A from animal products. If you are worried about whey, you should be equally worried about any other animal product.

Definitely do not take Cod Liver Oil.

And I would not take such a drug without a bit more understanding of what you are taking. And I don't think asking here is a good way to be 100% sure.