Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rhodes1

What are the instructions for a 12.5 % TCA peel?

MyTCA peel came a few days ago and i was plannin on doing it today but i lost my instructions that came with it.

I just wanna know for a person with normal to dry skin how long and how many layers should i have the TCA on.

Also the peel came with anti-biotics and anti-itching creams. When and how much am i suuposed to use these?

Also after i wash off the peel wth cold water do i moisturize right after or do I use one of those creams the peel came with?

And last but not least what do i do for the following 2 weeks while my skin is healing? Wash twice a day and moisturize? what do you do

If anyone can tell me what is your exact procedure would be really helpful. thnx for any replies

I just wanna know for a person with normal to dry skin how long and how many layers should i have the TCA on.

-With 12%, I think you can layer it twice. It neutralizes itself so it doesn't matter how long you leave it on. You don't really even need to wash your face after.

Also the peel came with anti-biotics and anti-itching creams. When and how much am i suuposed to use these?

-I think pretty much right after or the day after you do the peel. Enough to cover the area you did the peel.

Also after i wash off the peel wth cold water do i moisturize right after or do I use one of those creams the peel came with?

-Either..probobly the creams

And last but not least what do i do for the following 2 weeks while my skin is healing? Wash twice a day and moisturize? what do you do?

-I wash twice daily as I would any other day but I'm be extra gentle so as not to pull skin off. All you really need to do is keep it moisturized so it doesn't prematurely peel and you'll be fine.

Here's what I do: Wash face, pat dry. Wait 10 minutes. Dip cotton swab (or the brush that came with your kit) into tca and apply a thin layer over one small area at a time. Wait til stinging subsides then continue to another area. That's basically it. I don't wash my face afterwords but I won't hurt.

Well I've been doing A LOT since May and I've gotten really good results. Probobly about a 65-70% improvement. I don't do full face peels anymore because of the down time. I just poke it into the scar really deep and I get a much better outcome. Also helps with red marks. Lately i've been laying off the peels and I notice they're filling in quite nicely.

Well I've been doing A LOT since May and I've gotten really good results. Probobly about a 65-70% improvement. I don't do full face peels anymore because of the down time. I just poke it into the scar really deep and I get a much better outcome. Also helps with red marks. Lately i've been laying off the peels and I notice they're filling in quite nicely.

One more question girl.

When i read the instructions it said to use Petroeum Jelly or Neosporin, Am i supposed to use these? Or is that meant for a stronger peel. Because those instructions i got weere for peels 12.5% to 50%. so i wasnt sure

can you tell me if you use Jelly or neosporin or if you use Anti-biotics?

I have a good moisturizer so i was guessin right after i wash off the TCA i just put on a massive amount of moisuterizer and wait til mornin to wash off? wats ur thoughts. And what do you do right after your TCA is done with.

Also when you did the Full face how long did you leave it on and how many layers?

I'm sure you could use either...i personally don't use anything except a little neosporin once i start peeling because i breakout really easily. i think ur supposed to moisturize no matter the percentage.

If you don't break out from a lot of moisturizer, go ahead. I don't see what the problem would be. As I said, i do the peel at night and then go to bed...i don't wash my face or anything. It's okay to leave it on there.

Full face i left on till the next morning and only did one layer.