Notifications
Clear all

Acne In The Future

MemberMember
(@bonsai77)

Posted : 01/04/2014 2:48 pm

In future do you guys think acne will be non existant?

Like, there will be a cure that works quickly and effectively, or even a preventative means by which no one will ever get acne again...they will just look at photos of it and be confused by it.

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 01/04/2014 3:05 pm

Im not 100 percent sure on this but I think more people now are getting acne then ever before. But Im sure eventually they will find a 'cure' they already have Accutane which helps a lot of people. I doubt it will ever be non existent though

MemberMember
(@luckydory)

Posted : 01/04/2014 3:30 pm

I hope that will happen, so no more people will have to go through this in the future. I do agree with you though, it seems that it is way more prevalent than ever before, makes you wonder why...the only reason I don't see a one pill fix all solution is because there are so many different causes of acne. It can be food related, hormonal, genetic, irritation, increase in sebum, etc. Although, I am optimistic that maybe one day this disease will be a thing of the past. I consider having a pimple here and there normal but for people like us who have to deal with it for years and years without any doctors being able to help is what really brings us down.

MemberMember
(@stilltrying1)

Posted : 01/04/2014 3:48 pm

What proof is there that acne is more common now?

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 01/04/2014 4:07 pm

Again this is just going off of what ive heard not saying its true

http://www.wave3.com/story/23235555/breakouts-more-common-amoung-in-those-under-10

http://www.dailyglow.com/adult-acne-becoming-increasingly-common-0319.html

That was just from a simple google search

MemberMember
(@luckydory)

Posted : 01/04/2014 4:27 pm

Exactly, I don't have proof that it is, and I cant show you any websites or articles that show this, although I'm sure they are out there. All I know is from what I've seen with my own eyes out in the world and on this website it seems like it is becoming more of a common problem for people these days. I could be wrong but these are just my observations as of lately. Now, lets say it is true, why is it more common and what can be done to make sure it doesn't become evermore rampant?

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 01/04/2014 4:41 pm

there is already a cure. why do you think no celebrity has acne ? you guys just need to do your research and look into everything for whats causing it and be strict about your diet and solution

MemberMember
(@stage1)

Posted : 01/04/2014 5:02 pm

It will be bought up by one of the big pharmaceutical companies and kept secret.

If it got let out it would literally bankrupt a ton of companies and/or cut into major profit margins.

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 01/04/2014 7:17 pm

there is already a cure. why do you think no celebrity has acne ? you guys just need to do your research and look into everything for whats causing it and be strict about your diet and solution

Who told you celebrities have no acne lol.

Heck even the so called baby smooth faced "k pop" idols have acne. And normally, they have an 8 step to 10 step skin care routine. In fact, it's quite normal even for civilians in korea.

Even japanese celebrities have acne and their diet is superior compared to the average western diet hence explaining their long life span.

But with makeup, light effects, and angles it can be invinsible.

Although i just watched a series where this guy has moderate acne and scars.

So my opinion about acne in the future.

Because people are getting more aware of acne, they will more likely try to prevent it. Also, we are in the future were information is free. People are much more well informed that the generation were internet was not prevalent.

The trend in our food is changing to organic materials. So that's another factor.

Also, today, people are much more concerned with beauty that we were before. That means increased awareness on skin care, body care, and health.

So in short, in the future, there will be less people with moderate to severe acne if not non existent.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 01/04/2014 9:27 pm

Heck even the so called baby smooth faced "k pop" idols have acne. And normally, they have an 8 step to 10 step skin care routine. In fact, it's quite normal even for civilians in korea.

Even japanese celebrities have acne and their diet is superior compared to the average western diet hence explaining their long life span.

Because people are getting more aware of acne, they will more likely try to prevent it. Also, we are in the future were information is free. People are much more well informed that the generation were internet was not prevalent.

The trend in our food is changing to organic materials. So that's another factor.

Also, today, people are much more concerned with beauty that we were before. That means increased awareness on skin care, body care, and health.

So in short, in the future, there will be less people with moderate to severe acne if not non existent.

they do not have acne and even if they do , its only 1 -2 probably every year so i wouldnt consider it even having any

MemberMember
(@stilltrying1)

Posted : 01/04/2014 10:27 pm

Uhm.... well first of all, most celebrities are celebrities because of their perceived level of "perfection". You don't walk on set with a face full of acne and become a star. The public makes people celebrities because they have features that we collectively perceive as desirable...one of which would be nice skin. That being said, yes, celebrities can and do have skin issues.

i HATE this kind of shit but just to end this idiotic line of paranoia, http://www.stylecraze.com/articles/10-celebrities-with-acne-yes-you-are-not-the-only-one/

The one thing I do think is interesting is stars who grow up in the public eye. I'm sure a couple of those who disappeared from the spot light perhaps had or has a skin battle. though when your public image is your career using accutane is probably a no-brainer. and despite what the forum thinks (an extremely skewed sample) accutane works for most people. so i'm sure some of those hypothetical child stars that blew up with zits ended it quick with the drugs.

also, however to keep in mind, most kids who grow up on camera come from long lines of genes that are probably not acne prone (famous families like the Barrymoores (sp?), etc...)

edit: and by the way i work in the video industry and i could easily teach you right now how to light someone with skin issues to look basically perfect on a camera

MemberMember
(@bonsai77)

Posted : 01/05/2014 5:55 am

celebs have acne too, there is a thing called makeup artists and photoshop

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 01/05/2014 9:48 pm

they do not have acne and even if they do , its only 1 -2 probably every year so i wouldnt consider it even having any

You must be deceieved by the media already.

If you want i can give countless pictures of celebrities having acne. The kind of Acne im talking about is the noticable ones. And i even saw moderate acne and some severe. Not some pimple or two. Sometimes it's even worse than some of the members of this board's acne.

Dude, they're not gonna show horrible skin lol. Ofcourse they're gonna try to hide it via photoshop, lighting techniques, camera angles, and make up.

Im not an expert but i have experimented with lightings. I can reduce a person's MODERATE acne to non existent or atleast very mild just by changing the lighting and doing some lighting techniques. And im not even pro yet. Imagine what the pros can do. What more when you combine make up, angles and photoshop? Imagine that

MemberMember
(@andrei11)

Posted : 01/06/2014 1:46 am

If you want i can give countless pictures of celebrities having acne. The kind of Acne im talking about is the noticable ones. And i even saw moderate acne and some severe.

Go ahead, show us those pictures with celebrities with moderate and severe acne. How about football players, why is that out of thousands, none of them has acne?

MemberMember
(@bonsai77)

Posted : 01/06/2014 8:12 am

If you want i can give countless pictures of celebrities having acne. The kind of Acne im talking about is the noticable ones. And i even saw moderate acne and some severe.

Go ahead, show us those pictures with celebrities with moderate and severe acne. How about football players, why is that out of thousands, none of them has acne?

Type in celebs with acne and you will find them yourself.

Emma stone even went on accutane, and her acne was even cut from some of her movies.

MemberMember
(@andrei11)

Posted : 01/06/2014 8:43 am

typed, didn't find one with moderate and severe acne. let's say they use make up and photoshop, how about the football players?

couldn't find one photo with emma stone with acne. she has millions and millions of fans worldwide, a lot of them have acne. do you know what this means for those fans if she says she went on accutane?

MemberMember
(@stilltrying1)

Posted : 01/06/2014 9:54 am

Maybe someone should look into a connection between low IQ and acne.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 01/06/2014 10:27 am

If you want i can give countless pictures of celebrities having acne. The kind of Acne im talking about is the noticable ones. And i even saw moderate acne and some severe. Not some pimple or two. Sometimes it's even worse than some of the members of this board's acne.

Dude, they're not gonna show horrible skin lol. Ofcourse they're gonna try to hide it via photoshop, lighting techniques, camera angles, and make up.

Im not an expert but i have experimented with lightings. I can reduce a person's MODERATE acne to non existent or atleast very mild just by changing the lighting and doing some lighting techniques. And im not even pro yet. Imagine what the pros can do. What more when you combine make up, angles and photoshop? Imagine that

you must be decieved by yourself if you think there isnt a cure on this world for acne already look into how long earth has been alive

MemberMember
(@andrei11)

Posted : 01/06/2014 10:33 am

why would the cure for acne be available for everyone, as long as they get billions every year, mostly from accutane? :) they don't give a f**k, otherwise these type of things won't happen:

aPvmgAq_700b_v1.jpg

MemberMember
(@bonsai77)

Posted : 01/06/2014 1:37 pm

saw that on 9gag earlier

MemberMember
(@maria199)

Posted : 01/06/2014 2:06 pm

why would the cure for acne be available for everyone, as long as they get billions every year, mostly from accutane? smile.png they don't give a f**k, otherwise these type of things won't happen:

How much does accutane cost without insurance? I have seen many people saying they can't afford it.. The pills that my derm prescribed (and i didn't take) cost about 15-20 euros per month (30 mg per day)?? Without insurance, they don't cover acne treatments anyway.

MemberMember
(@andrei11)

Posted : 01/06/2014 5:27 pm

why would the cure for acne be available for everyone, as long as they get billions every year, mostly from accutane? smile.png they don't give a f**k, otherwise these type of things won't happen:

How much does accutane cost without insurance? I have seen many people saying they can't afford it.. The pills that my derm prescribed (and i didn't take) cost about 15-20 euros per month (30 mg per day)?? Without insurance, they don't cover acne treatments anyway.

no, you misinterpreted my post. i was saying that as long as they get billions from accutane, they are not interested of making the real cure for acne available for everyone.

MemberMember
(@maria199)

Posted : 01/06/2014 6:09 pm

no, you misinterpreted my post. i was saying that as long as they get billions from accutane, they are not interested of making the real cure for acne available for everyone.

I understood that (though i don't know if there can be an ultimate, safe and effective cure for everyone) i am just wondering how much a course of accutane costs because when it comes to healthcare, everything in USA seems to be extremely expensive. But then if i remember correctly you live in Europe, don't you?

MemberMember
(@aghhne)

Posted : 01/06/2014 10:47 pm

May i ask how you come up with your conclusion? You look at magazines? Pictures? Most likely PHOTOSHOPPED ones.

Since you asked, I WIlL show you. But you must also be willing to put some time looking at what i suggest you.

First, if you watch japanese movies, you'll notice some actors have noticable acne and scars.

Next, go to google, type in "kpop idol acne" and go ahead and see for yourself. You will see the truth.

In fact, search ellainmokk severe acne make up. Here it will show you HORRENDOuS ACNE covered with make up. I warn you, her acne is one of the worst ive seen.

Also, type in "celebrities with acne".

Cure? There isnt a cure yet. You can only MANAGE. If you're talking about accutane, accutane's succes rates varies. Some reports says 90% and some less than 40%. And mind you, it only says it gets rid of their acne at the end of their course but they do not follow up. Most people's acne come back and they would have to get accutane again. MANaGING is not equal to CURE. There is a difference.

Now you can't apply everything to every person as every individual is different.

Lets go back to genetics. You can get predisposed to acne depending on your genes. YOU CANNOT CHANGE YOUR GENES THAT's MAKING YOU PREDISPOSED TO ACNE THUS THERE IS NO REAL CURE YET IN THIS CURRENT ERA.

Just wait, i'll post the pictures here. I cant believe you think actors and actresses dont get acne.

You see, you're arguement is "there is already a cure. Why dont you think actors dont have acne?"

You're proving there is a "cure" with a supporting point saying "because actors dont have acne". That itself is a very weak arguement.

Changing your diet doesnt change your genes that's making you predisposed to acne, you're only managing it and trying to adapt the external factors to your genes.

MemberMember
(@andrei11)

Posted : 01/06/2014 11:41 pm

I understood that (though i don't know if there can be an ultimate, safe and effective cure for everyone) i am just wondering how much a course of accutane costs because when it comes to healthcare, everything in USA seems to be extremely expensive. But then if i remember correctly you live in Europe, don't you?

In Romania, Roaccutane - 10 mg (30 pills) = ~16$

I don't care about japanese actors or singers. I'm talking about Hollywood and USA superstars. I googled "celebrities with acne", can't find one with moderate or severe acne, so by your logic, they all cover it up with make up and photoshop. Ok smile.png How about football players, do they wear make up on the pitch? Because I haven't seen one football player with acne in the last 10 years+. Go ahead, post the pictures. And I didn't say actors don't get acne, they obviously get, but they have access to medicine that we don't have.

And I'm not supporting Accutane at all, I only said that as long as they get billions, they don't care if you get cured or not.

Probably these pictures are photoshopped too, right?

illuminati-montage.jpg