Notifications
Clear all

Are Your Cheeks More Prone To Scars/marks?

MemberMember
(@imowlwaymo)

Posted : 01/04/2014 1:55 pm

I've noticed that when I get blemishes on my cheeks, they always scar or leave a mark, even when I don't pick at them. When I get pimples on my forehead, they'll leave a mark and then fade in like a month. Also, they clear up faster. On my cheeks however, I can have the tiniest blemish and it leaves a dark brown mark. I still have marks from 2 years ago. The pimples that hurt are usually the ones that leave darker marks.

MemberMember
(@bonsai77)

Posted : 01/04/2014 2:56 pm

I get this too, i am not too bothered about the marks as they are flat and easy to cover, but they are all over my cheeks.

Because i am japaese i am really pale too which makes it worse...

MemberMember
(@luckydory)

Posted : 01/04/2014 3:37 pm

YES, any scarring that I have from acne is on my cheeks, every other place that it develops at only leaves a red mark that will fade with time. I have no scars on any other part of my face. I'm not sure but I think it has something to do with the elasticity and thickness of the cheek area where it becomes more common for scars to develop there. Even the small ones leave some sort of leftover damage just like you, but what's weird is only this past 6 months or so was when this started happening, any time before this I would clear up relatively quickly. Best of luck to ya, keep on trying to banish this skin condition from your life!

MemberMember
(@maria199)

Posted : 01/04/2014 3:56 pm

The same happens to me, every spot on cheeks and chin will leave a mark but no marks at all on forehead and nose. Mine tend to last veeeeeery long time but now i am using a bleaching cream and i am going to have a chem. peeling or something to help them fade.

MemberMember
(@mag2014)

Posted : 01/05/2014 11:10 am

Same with me! I only tend to get pimples now where I shave my beard and they never leave a scar or mark. However, any pimple I had on my cheeks, it would leave a scar. So annoying!

MemberMember
(@apple-blossom)

Posted : 01/06/2014 4:09 pm

I only seem to scar on my chin but I think that's because I've had so much more acne there than anywhere else on my face. I also NEVER scarred, no matter how bad my acne was, until I was about 25.