Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i cant take this any more!

i havent really posted on here much, but ive had moderate acne for going on seven years now (im 20) and last summer, i finally cleared up, partly from doing the regimen in a haphazard kind of way.

anyways, now im back at uni my acne has exploded again, and after all this time i just feel like i cant cope with it any more.

for the whole time ive had acne, i have never really let it get to me, but for some reason now, mentally, im just fucked. my appetite is going, i dont like going out, and i hate having to get involved in social situations. its the first thing i think of in the mornings, and the last thing i think of at night. my self confidence, which has been so good for so long, is finally shot to shit and i feel sick to my stomach with fear every time i look in the mirror.

its like, when i got clear, i thought to myself, "thats it! ive finally beaten it" but now im getting large cysts every day that leave red marks and take weeks to heal.

ive been following the regimen for about five weeks now and havent been seeing any improvement, and i am just lost for what to do.

i just need to know that there are others out there who feel the same as me: that no matter what everyone elses skin looks like, they feel that theirs is the worse, that everyone is looking at them, and that people judge you for it.

i've never posted like this before, but seriously i have never felt so low before. its like my self worth has been eroded over seven years and now i have no hope left.

thanks for reading

peace

man i know what you feel, i also feel like "F*@$ this" but at the end of the day i calm down a little and think about my options..acne will always be there, at least till we're 25!!! it sucks i know but what can we do?? just try eating healthy, changing your pillow case and wait it out..

remember you can't just beat acne, you can only keep fighting it, and even when your clear keep taking care of your skin as if you had acne

man i know what you feel, i also feel like "F*@$ this" but at the end of the day i calm  down a little and think about my options..acne will always be there, at least till we're 25!!! it sucks i know but what can we do?? just try eating healthy, changing your pillow case and wait it out..

remember you can't just beat acne, you can only keep fighting it, and even when your clear keep taking care of your skin as if you had acne

thanks guys. i have considered accutane, but i have the kind of course where i need to see patients on a daily basis and im scared of what that shit might do to me in the short term. plus my doc prob wont let me on it, coz i live in the UK and they are well tight with it over here

i dont like to bitch about it, because i know it could be worse. but sometimes shit just catches you at your lowest ebb