Notifications
Clear all

Don't Make My Mistake!

MemberMember
(@fancyshmancy)

Posted : 01/03/2014 10:32 pm

Hey everyone :)

Ok so I've been struggling with acne for a few years now but it's gotten to its lowest point. I am so afraid that it will get worse!

I did the idiotic thing of combining lots of undiluted tea tree oil with EXTREMELY old aloe vera gel and basically got a horrible rash. My skin was raw but it healed fast with some NEW ;) aloe vera gel. I still wanted to clear up my skin because I had had quite enough! Another wise choice coming up........I decided to slab on so many creams and chemical concoctions on my face that I ended up looking so horrible! My face was blotchy and angry. I didn't know what to do and I started crying so bad and my parents said to just leave my skin alone. That's right.....LEAVE IT ALONE!!! I quit using all those chemicals that had stripped and damaged my face and simply washed my face morning and evening with an extremely gentle Clinique cleanser. I had always avoided it cuz I thought it wasn't harsh enough. That was the key though! It was gentle! I used nothing else on my skin! No moisturizers, nothing!!!!! My problem areas got slightly dry but my tone was even and glowing within a day! It's day 3 now but my face is beautiful! Still healing and everything but it's awesome! I used to have super oily skin but now it's just perfect! Not even dry anymore! Please comment if you have any thoughts or questions! Maybe you can avoid the same mistakes I made!

MemberMember
(@unreality)

Posted : 01/07/2014 4:18 am

It might be a good idea to consider sun protection for your skin! You seem like you are young, wearing a product with high SPF daily is a good habit to get into while young to reduce signs of aging when older from sun damage. I would be interested to hear the progress of your skin at your current routine.

MemberMember
(@fancyshmancy)

Posted : 01/07/2014 4:39 pm

Thanks! right now I just switched to cetaphil and have experienced no new pimples! Still healing my skin though! I would love to wear one but because the weather isn't great right now and I'm bit exposed in the sun much I don't think there would be a need ;) I think I will wait until summer or until my skin clears up but it's definitely a worthwhile investment! Thanks for your reply!

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 01/14/2014 7:59 pm

Try going kosher for once. Use only H2O.

MemberMember
(@fancyshmancy)

Posted : 01/19/2014 2:07 pm

Try going kosher for once. Use only H2O.

Haha ok thank you for the suggestion!

MemberMember
(@excelicious)

Posted : 01/23/2014 1:45 pm

Its not the aloe vera's fault, tea tree oil in general is extremely bad for your skin alone. It has high levels of hydrogen peroxide which increase cell oxidation, therefore damaging your skin. If you continued the use of tea tree oil, it would cause irreparable damage.

Your supposed to dilute tea tree oil in some other oil then use it to lower its strength. I made the same mistake and ruined my face, but now its clear again.

MemberMember
(@cramirez89)

Posted : 01/31/2014 1:06 pm

Thanks for the advice im going to try a more gentle face wash and see if that helps. Im currently using an apircot scrub soap but it seems kinda harsh.