Notifications
Clear all

What Treatment Would I Need For This Acne Scar?

MemberMember
(@leeliverpool)

Posted : 01/02/2014 4:45 pm

What type of treatment would be good for this scar? It feels raised and is red with ditches also.

I have had fraxel laser treatments and it hasn't really done anything

post-153666-0-33947400-1388698910.jpg

post-153666-0-33947400-1388698910.jpg

MemberMember
(@leeliverpool)

Posted : 01/02/2014 8:23 pm

bump

MemberMember
(@freshstart2014)

Posted : 01/02/2014 8:32 pm

Have you seen a PS? You might benefit from steroid injection for the raised parts...maybe some excision. Laser would be more of a finishing treatment IMO.

MemberMember
(@acnescarsarehell)

Posted : 01/04/2014 12:52 am

excision would cure you. maybe some sort of injection to alleviate the swelling such as a steroid. A plastic surgeon should be able to tell you more. Good luck.

MemberMember
(@wasimo)

Posted : 01/04/2014 9:26 am

If you are cheap like me then use the auto-microneedling device and saline injections. I have done both at home and after 6 round of injections and 7 microneedling sessions my scars are 50-70% better. I hate saying using percentages because nobody can give an accurate percentage because of so many factors. Healing, discolorations, and lighting. But after try loads of at home treatments I stand firm that at this moment that the auto-microneedling device and saline injections are the only thing that will reduce pitted scaring at home.

Now if you just want to get rid of your scars asap there are silicon injections in which a dermatologist or plastic surgeon will inject micro droplets of silicon and 2-3 treatments are sufficient to reduce your scars greater than 75% and they are permanent.

and acnescarsarehell opinion on excision is overly optimistic. I have seen countless of before and afters of surgical revisions online and there are some minor scars from the scalpel and usually there is some atrophy left from the original scar. But acnescarsarehell makes an excellent point that your type of scars are close to ideal for punch excision. punch Technics are for deep scars and it seems like you can use punch to cut out 2-5 boxcar scars out.

But honestly only you and a professional medical opinion knows what is best.

good luck

MemberMember
(@luckydory)

Posted : 01/04/2014 3:52 pm

Wasimo please stay on this website man, I feel like you have a lot to bring to the people here.

MemberMember
(@wasimo)

Posted : 01/04/2014 4:32 pm

Hi LuckyDory,

No worries man I am not going anywhere. In fact It was not till recently I came out giving out information but I was in the shadows for a few years while searching on acne.org, youtube, visiting doctors, researching, and etc. I had the mindset of giving back from the very start of trying to reduce my scars at the most affordable and practical way possible, and I started just about 10 days ago when I thought that I had the months (a Year and a half actually) of experience on things that worked to have authority on this topic.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 01/04/2014 4:47 pm

i would look into subcision or fillers for those deep type of scars to raise it up