Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ya'll i just dont understand my skin.. one day it will look decent and then the next day ill wake up and its so bad i wanna cry. Im still following the reg. my dr gave me and i dont understand how one day i can be "okay" and then next day it all went to shit.. its an up and down rollercoaster...to make matters worse im interested in this guy BUT with how i feel.. i dont even want to face him yet alone anyone

Guest brokencocoon

I know brokenwinggs74!!! Grrrrr.... mad.gif I feel ya!

This is what I figure: everybody has SOMETHING that will challenge the crap out of them in this lifetime...and one of those major things for me is my skin. How you choose to deal with it, how you choose to look at yourself, react to it and all that is very much an opportunity to grow and learn. I consider it a blessing as much as a curse (though it depends on which day you ask me!). But seriously, what is more challenging than learning to love who you are when you have something like acne?! I mean, it's one of those things where ultimately it's all about YOU. You can do what you can to get physical help with the problem, and you can come to a place like this, and talk, or with friends/family or whatever your options are there...but ultimately it's just you, and nothing matters more than learning to be as kind to yourself as you would be to your dearest friend.

I know that with all the best intentions people have had to try and make me feel better, it just doesn't mean a whole lot if you can't believe it in yourself...

That's where the real issue lies if you ask me!

That's my thought, that's what I try to keep focus on.

And here's a personal tidbit that might help with some perspective for you...

As far as guys go, I totally understand how you feel. I haven't dated anyone in years. Plural! I won't even admit how many...and it's not ONLY due to how I feel about the way I look, but it is a big part of it because it keeps me from going out and meeting people a lot of the time. I can't even get close with words to how sad I feel about that part of my life. So, just go for it! I try to remind myself of a simple fact: if someone finds you attractive, they just DO! Your skin isn't an issue like you (WE!) think it is. Attraction is mysterious, and chemistry very often has less to do with looks, and more about how you feel around each other...but I'm sure you know that!

I wish you luck and courage Miss Winggs eusa_angel.gif

Brokencocoon, I couldn't have said it better myself! Good job!

Brokenwings, I totally understand your feelings about your skin. Up and down, 24/7!

When I was breaking out bad, I didn't even want to be in the same room w/my husband, so I can relate to you not wanting to face a guy that you're interested in. But, Brokencocoon is right. If your man thinks you're a hottie, just go for it! My husband still thinks I'm beautiful, acne or no acne, and I just had to be willing to let go of my hangups to get close. It's not easy, but it's a good first step to becoming more comfortable w/yourself and your skin.

Good luck and I hope it gets better soon!