Notifications
Clear all

Best Foundation For Acne?

MemberMember
(@dolce887)

Posted : 01/01/2014 4:23 pm

Ok so I'm a 17 year old girl and over the past two or three years my skin hasn't been great, when I was 15 upto the age of 16 I started covering my face in makeup and unfortunate it made my skin pretty bad. I still have a little bit of acne but with a little bit of concealer it's not noticeable at all. I was just wondering what the best foundation would be for my type of skin? I've been wearing wake me up foundation everyday for a few weeks now and my skin hasn't got worse at all. I also have been using mac select cover up concealer. I was looking at revlon colour stay foundation and was wondering if anyone else has used it? As I'm very close to buying it as the reviews on it is brilliant but a couple people have said it made them break out. Which is what I really don't want.

Answers would be brilliant. Thankyou xo

MemberMember
(@imowlwaymo)

Posted : 01/03/2014 1:17 am

Do you have oily skin or skin on the dryer side?

MemberMember
(@rosalie324)

Posted : 01/04/2014 3:22 pm

Hey there... I use airbrush makeup. My mum bought the Dinair Airbrushing system about 2 months ago and let me tell you... my skin has been glorious since then. The makeup is all water based and you need so little to get great coverage. It's a bit pricey at first, but once you get over the initial cost of purchasing the machine, it honestly pays for itself. The makeup refills are only $12US and if you use the correct amount it should last you a good while. I only use 6-8 drops of the makeup and it covers all my dark marks and superficial scarring. It doesn't clog your pores and stays on your face all day without needing to retouch (besides maybe a little powdering during the oily days). I cannot give this machine enough credit! It has transformed my daily makeup routine into a five minute to-do and I don't have to worry about it all day long!

MemberMember
(@alelove)

Posted : 01/04/2014 3:33 pm

Hey :)

I LOVE the Revlon Colorstay. It has great coverage. My skin breaks out so easily so I was happy to have finally found something. I recommend the oil free one so make sure to check because the non oil free one did cause some problems in my skin. If you have dry skin then just use a bit of moisturizer. Hope this helps!

MemberMember
(@bonsai77)

Posted : 01/05/2014 12:21 pm

I dont like liquid foundations, i feel as though they go into your ores and lines and make them look much worse, I like something more matte like a mousse one.

Maybelline dream matte mousse is good for me

MemberMember
(@gracie25)

Posted : 01/07/2014 6:23 pm

Stay away from MAC!!! I had pretty clear skin until I started using mac skin finish powder. I broke out like crazy on both my cheeks. Many make up artists have told me that MAC products cause acne.