Notifications
Clear all

Please Help! 🙁

MemberMember
(@faergor)

Posted : 01/01/2014 6:20 am

HI guys, I have been massaging castor oil into my hypertrophic scar with my finger normally for a week. Yesterday (12 hours ago) I tried doing it with qtip (cotton ball), and I probably pushed harder, or something, I do not know. Scar became red and swollen, and then a slight scab formed, on part of the scar. However, right after massage the scar was white, from pressing harder I guess.

Scar is still red, with a scab, and it is bigger than it was before. Scar is on my nose. Do you think I damaged it permanently, or is it only a swelling? I still have a s slight scab. I am very depressed right now sad.png. Thank you.

MemberMember
(@mrsrobinson)

Posted : 01/01/2014 7:32 am

I'm sure you couldn't have damaged anything with a Q tip- just lay off it for a few days and let things settle down

MemberMember
(@faergor)

Posted : 01/01/2014 8:10 am

I'm sure you couldn't have damaged anything with a Q tip- just lay off it for a few days and let things settle down

So do you think that this is just swelling? There is visible scab on half of my scar, on other half I can't really see anything. But there is still kind of white circle (that is visible under one particular light). When I push the scar, whole scar becomes red, rest of my skin does not react like that. Scar does not hurt, but part where is scab sometimes burns very slightly.

Do you think that scar is more visible due to both visible scab,and perhaps also due to possible swelling or invisible scab? I observed the scar and it is definitely more raised than it was before.

Thank you.

MemberMember
(@hitea)

Posted : 01/01/2014 9:19 am

Castor oil is pretty potent stuff. You may have just irritated your skin and it's most likely only temporary. Just let it be and eventually your scab will fall off and it will return to normal.

MemberMember
(@faergor)

Posted : 01/01/2014 4:36 pm

Castor oil is pretty potent stuff. You may have just irritated your skin and it's most likely only temporary. Just let it be and eventually your scab will fall off and it will return to normal.

Thank you, this is very frustrating though :(, scar is still raised, and it has been approximately 20 hours since I did what I did.

Do you think it is also swelling, since there is very slightly white part of scar (above the scab),it does not hurt,but when I push on the scar, whole scar becomes red? Rest of the skin is not so "sensitive".

Thank you.