Notifications
Clear all

How To Really Get Rid Of Red Marks

MemberMember
(@y0y0ma)

Posted : 12/31/2013 10:47 am

I struggled with red marks for the longest time. Dan has said that he doesn't believe that there is a treatment for red marks and that you just have to let them go away on their own. However, he puts links to red mark treatment like alpha and beta hydroxy acids. So I tried both of them thoroughly and to be honest they only made my red marks a lot worse. I agree and disagree with Dan's statement that we have to wait for them to go away on their own. There is nothing topical that we can use. In fact, any irritation whatsoever will make them worse. Red marks come from damaged skin. Our body needs to heal it and will over time. To speed it up, we just need to give our bodies what they need to heal our skin.

I've struggled with red marks for years and I've always had hope of figuring out how to get rid of them and then being able to make a post on here with confidence in it. This is it. My red marks have almost completely faded and it has been a little less than a month, and it feels like it has been less time than that.

To greatly speed up skin healing and therefore speed up getting rid of red marks, I've been taking:

(I do the regimen once a day btw)

1.5 grams of omega 3 a day; for skin repair, MUST get this in diet, the body doesn't produce it

1 billion cfu of probiotics; i'm not sure if this helps acne, but it's great for whole body health and it cancels out any bad effects that an antibiotic like benzoyl peroxide might have

1 protein shake with all the amino acids; for overall skin health, MUST get some of these in diet because the body doesn't produce it

I also take a multivitamin, nothing over the top with a ridiculous amount of anything, it's actually kids gummy vitamins but it has just all the normal vitamins and zinc and whatnot. I don't think that this really helps with skin healing but I think I should at least mention that I take it.

SO, all in all, take a lot of omega 3 and protein shake (or any other way of getting your amino acids) and drink a lot of water and get enough sleep and avoid irritation and your skin will go on a great healing process. Remember to do the regimen though, the best way to stop red marks is through prevention!

NEW: something else I'm trying is to get a more alkaline diet. There are doctors who say that our red marks/scars are a way of our body trying to deal with an overly acidic diet, and that if we get a more alkaline diet, the scars will go away. Here's a list of alkaline/acid foods. [Removed]

I don't know if it's legit but I'm gonna try it

MemberMember
(@snog)

Posted : 01/04/2014 4:19 pm

Thanks, I'll try everything you said. I've done TCA, salicylic, glycolic peels, sponge, lasers and I still have a lot of red marks. I just wonder how do people get rid of them in such short time with some AHA peel and why other people can't rid of them in years. Maybe it's just because of bad skin regeneration (maybe it is the only reason). After some bad experiments with 50% TCA peel my face looks like Dresden after bombing... I haven't got scars but my marks became much more noticeable, in cold weather they are turn VERY red. Sometimes I think I just do everything wrong.

I will follow your recommendations, maybe it is the best way.

MemberMember
(@y0y0ma)

Posted : 01/05/2014 8:01 pm

Thanks, I'll try everything you said. I've done TCA, salicylic, glycolic peels, sponge, lasers and I still have a lot of red marks. I just wonder how do people get rid of them in such short time with some AHA peel and why other people can't rid of them in years. Maybe it's just because of bad skin regeneration (maybe it is the only reason). After some bad experiments with 50% TCA peel my face looks like Dresden after bombing... I haven't got scars but my marks became much more noticeable, in cold weather they are turn VERY red. Sometimes I think I just do everything wrong.

I will follow your recommendations, maybe it is the best way.

All of these chemical peels are designed for older people who struggle with wrinkles. I seriously doubt that there is a young person who got rid of red marks by using any type of exfoliation.

That being said I know where you're coming from. Be sure to be gentle with your skin. If it's cold where you are, you really only need to do the regimen once a day because bacteria don't thrive in the cold. I've been doing it once a day and haven't had any breakouts, just a few microscopic pimples where I missed putting the BP on. Also, if you only do it once a day, that's even less irritation on your skin. So anyway good luck!

MemberMember
(@snog)

Posted : 01/28/2014 10:10 am

Hey y0y0ma, is there any news about alkaline diet? Do you see any results?

So here I am: my red marks has faded in 50-60% because of following your advices, never seen such big improvements on my skin before. But the greatest thing is I ain't getting any kind of pimples in the last weeks. I am really impressed, I didn't even use any cream or acid. It's not perfect skin and I still have a lot of work, but anyway now I can put smile on my face. Thanks!