Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What is the best mask for moderate acne? I have tried alot and have seen some results but not enough. Thanks

i would (and am) using St.Ives Apricot Scrub (Medicated) as a mask... it's working pretty well and it doesn't hurt like other people say it does...

I do not know how good it is but in theory a clay mask should be work well.

What a clay mask does is it draws toxins from the skin and helps to unblock pores. Since acne is from bacteria and blocked pores it should help.

Neutrogena has a mask, not sure if it was clay or not, but you put in on and it has a higer concentation of BP. I found that it worked well to dry up zits quickley. I used it a few years back i went to look for another tube when my acne got bad recentl,y but i could not find it. This was in canada so maybe its different where you are.

i like dermaologica refining mask,its a green clay mask and it works great my skin is soft and matte after,the best one i ever used by far.

I like these-

Neutrogena Cleanser/Mask (2 in 1) has BP in it (i really like this stuff)

Queen Helen Mint Julep Mask

Burt's Bees pore refining mask (with green clay)

Sometimes I use the masks that warm up when you put it on a wet face. I bought those in little packs at K mart and I get like 3 uses out of one pack. They are nice but the hot sensation doesnt last as long as i would like.

Kayla 87,

Some masks that really help with active acne are clay, enzyme, salicylic and a good microdermabrasion type cream. I like the dermHA line for Clay and Enzyme masks, and Physicians Complex for their microdermabrasion cream esp. for acne-prone skin.

I would do a search for a salicylic peel, a lotion or gel mask would be the best for oily skin.

Good Luck!

I like using the Mudd Mask Facial Spa Treatment. It is a 100% clay mask and is relatively cheap for the tube (~$5 for a 6oz tube). I advise to it no more than once a week. Probably best if used once every two weeks to prevent excessive drying (depending on skin type). I found that in usage with Dan's Regimen, it has helped with the annoying blackheads that are left over. eusa_dance.gif

I love the Queen Helene Mint Julep mask. I try not to overuse it, because it will dry the skin. I use it as a spot treatment, too, and just leave it on problem areas for a couple of hours.

It's cheap and it's good stuff!

I love the Queen Helene Mint Julep mask. I try not to overuse it, because it will dry the skin. I use it as a spot treatment, too, and just leave it on problem areas for a couple of hours.

It's cheap and it's good stuff!