Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm currently on Oxy on the spot 2.5% BP in the morning, differin at night and oxytetracycline twice a day. I'm having mixed results with this, but theres one thing thats puzzling me! I have oily skin anyway but when I apply the BP in the morning my skin is so much more oily than if I didnt apply any. I wondered if this is just because the sebaceous glands are being unblocked and the oil is free to ooze out, but as soon as I wash my face in the evening my face is back to being oily rather than really oily! Does anyone else has this? Perhaps I'm not massaging it in enough, but I massage it to the point where its dry after a few seconds of going on my face. So if you've got any ideas please add comments!

It seems that you are using to many different products, which dries out your skin. When this happensyour skin produces more oil to stop your skin from becoming too dry. Good Luck.

bp dries out your skin, and the dryness is a signal to the sebaceous glands to produce more sebum in order to keep the skin moisturized. The drier your skin is, the more sebum the glands are signalled to produce. That's how bp makes your skin really oily. A solution is to use a good non-oily moisturizer.

Thanks for the quick replies, i think i'm gonna drop down to BP every other day and see what happens. The derm never actually told me to go on BP I just added it to my regimen. I did come off BP for about 10 days around a month into this course though and the pustules started coming back. Mind you i've been on differin for 12 weeks now and perhaps an every other day application of BP will be enough