Notifications
Clear all

Silicone Microdroplet Fillers

MemberMember
(@wrocky)

Posted : 12/30/2013 2:40 pm

I am considering silicone microdroplet fillers for my rolling/boxcar scars, anyone here got any experience with these fillers? Only posts I could find here are pretty old. Dr.Channing seems pretty good at what she does based on my research, maybe anyone got any experience with this doc?

Pretty good acne scar results: http://www.barnettdermatology.com/treatments.php?id=24

http://www.realself.com/find/New-York/New-York-City/Dermatologist/Channing-Barnett#photos

I like that they are permanent and instant, if there is overcorrection then it can be treated from what I understand with electrosurgery.

Trying to find alternatives to lasers smile.png

MemberMember
(@acnescar123)

Posted : 12/30/2013 3:07 pm

Dr Lam is the best "known" doctor in the US that performs silicone microdroplet injections. He has a bunch of actual pics on his site.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 12/31/2013 8:21 am

I would recommend AGAINST Channing.

I know a few people who have serious complaints against Channing in NYC. The good pics are the work of her father, not her. From what I gather she is too inexperienced and heavy handed with it. I have read and talked to people who have complications from her work. And they were not easily fixed with "electrosurgery."

Also, I wouldn't rush out and say Dr. Lam is the foremost expert either. He definitely has the gift of gab and can sell ice to an eskimo, but the actual results are not that great. Take a look at his pictures. They are modest at best, and some are just crappy.

MemberMember
(@hiddy-cheeks)

Posted : 12/31/2013 9:07 am

The thing about those photos is they were taken immediately after treatment. As I understand it the benefits from silicone are supposed to accrue gradually as collagen grows around the microdroplets. If this is correct it suggests the improvement in the photos may to an extent be due to swelling and not the silicone. I would question her about this if I were you.

MemberMember
(@acnescar123)

Posted : 12/31/2013 1:49 pm

Also, I wouldn't rush out and say Dr. Lam is the foremost expert either. He definitely has the gift of gab and can sell ice to an eskimo, but the actual results are not that great. Take a look at his pictures. They are modest at best, and some are just crappy.

Dr Lam is probably the biggest expert on silicone for acne scars. I agree though - the pictures on his site aren't that impressive, but IMO that's what the results are actually like vs the pics Dr Channing has on her site and why I said the OP should go look at them.

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 12/31/2013 6:13 pm

Yes, agreed. It is very misleading (downright wrong) in my opinion to post pics immediately post injection. If you took a needle and stabbed a few scars, it would swell and look great too, even though nothing was injected.

The only pictures I think that have value from that practice is the pictures of patients they followed for 15, and 30 years. That shows that these people continued to be okay with no serious complications. Again, those pictures are patients of the Father, who I believe has retired, and not of the daughter who has taken over the practice. There are complaints written about her on Realself.com. Not sure if they're still there or if she had them taken down (very common for negative posts).

MemberMember
(@wrocky)

Posted : 01/01/2014 5:59 pm

Thanks for your replies, I will check out Dr.Lam.

MemberMember
(@whattobehandsome30)

Posted : 01/20/2014 10:42 am

I'd love to have it done .... however the risk of side effects if i wanted to have different scar treatment , what would happen to the silicone under your skin if it was passed over by a laser ? ... would it have a adverse effect ....