Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
falnhart

Punch floating large scars

So the largest punch tool for punch floats is 3 mm, according to many of the recent posters who's had the procedure done by Dr. Yarborough. That is just large enough to treat ice pick scars in most cases. If you have a boxcar/rolling/depressed scar, or even those forehead lines many have mentioned, why not spot treat these areas and punch float "in bits"? Let's say you have a boxcar 3 or 4 times the size of an ice pick scar, why not punch float that boxcar 2 or 3 times, dermabrade it a month later, then finish the job with more punch floats/dermabrasion a second time? Same thing for a line scar, or forehead line. Let's say the following represents a forehead line. Those little circles represent punch floats. The dashes are what's left of the forehead line, or line scar, and can be punch floated after your first dermabrasion. Sounds possible, right? Better yet, if you can pay a company to manufacture a larger punch tool, I wonder if the results of a 12 mm punch float would be just as good as a 3 mm?

punch floated line scar --------/>>> -o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

I would guess that a large punch float would not work because there wouldn't be any structure underneath to support it, and it would sink back in. I stress the word "guess" because I am not sure.

Hey Nic,

I was wondering the same thing. That's why I went to see that doctor in Columbus. He told me that he couldn't do that, instead he recommended the subcision instead. I don't see why not, especailly if I was getting dermabrasion afterwards to smooth out any uneveness.

Pete,

Did you have this done?

Ann Marie, If I were you I wouldn't rely on the Columbus doc's opinion. I have done alot of research, and I did not know that punch floats were possible for ice picks until came Dr. Yarborough. Others mainly suggested punch excision. That's why I think you should see Dr. Y. again if you even think you have ice picks. Call Cassandra and ask her, I'm sure she remembers you. I know for certain I don't have ice pick scars, but I'm seeing him a month before the dermabrasion just to see if he can be creative and punch float what's there. btw, I'm flying from CA. -Nic