Notifications
Clear all

How Hard To Press When Washing Face?

MemberMember
(@tomwantshelp)

Posted : 12/30/2013 9:00 am

I use cetaphil cleanser and i'm not sure how hard to press,

I want to be hard enough to clean the dirt off but not so hard that the pimples break open or my skin gets irritated.

Is there a guideline?

MemberMember
(@bonsai77)

Posted : 12/30/2013 9:12 am

I want to know too. I read somewhere that massaging face wash into your skin helps circulation or s/thing. But i dont know how hard to press

MemberMember
(@xdevochkax)

Posted : 12/30/2013 9:34 am

You basically just glide the cleanser along your face. You can use Dan's videos as a guide.

I used to be a believer in using pressure with face washes to get deep down into my pores, but as I got further along into the regimen I definitely had to be SUPER gentle or else my skin would turn red and get even more dry and uncomfortable.

MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 12/30/2013 12:27 pm

Don't use pressure at all. Think of the pads of your fingers and palms as very gentle exfoliators, and wash your face by gently gliding them in circular motions on your cheeks, forehead and chin. Be very gentle, like you're washing a baby. One way I double check that I'm clean after I wash my face (in case I'm wearing extra make-up): I take a small piece of a dry paper towel and gently rub it over my hair line and in the creases of my nose. If it looks dirty, I wash again (gently). If it's white, I know I'm clean enough!

MemberMember
(@torquemonster)

Posted : 12/31/2013 4:20 am

Use very little pressure. Your fingers should just lightly glide on the surface of your skin.